Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
So I posted in another thread that Matilda was not feeling too hot today. Well I just got done giving her her breakfast of a bland diet and she threw it up. What am I suppose to do?? It is coming out both ends!!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
dont feed her for 24hrs,just plenty of fluids,i know that will be more difficult for you than her,but its the only way to clear her system,if she still poorly after her fast then a trip to the vet will be called for,hope shes ok,karen

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Stop feeding her and let things settle - you figure if you were vomiting and had diarrhea, you would not keep eating - it's the same for dogs. Let her stomach settle and offer her water but nothing more until things calm down with her gastrointestinal system. Once that stops, you can try the bland diet but give her at least 12 hours or so.

Also, I would check her toys to see if everything is in tact...when things like this would happen to Bentley or Linus or Truman, it was usually because they ate part of a toy or something so it might be best to check that out just to see if you can figure out what's going on.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Stop feeding her and let things settle - you figure if you were vomiting and had diarrhea, you would not keep eating - it's the same for dogs. Let her stomach settle and offer her water but nothing more until things calm down with her gastrointestinal system. Once that stops, you can try the bland diet but give her at least 12 hours or so.

Also, I would check her toys to see if everything is in tact...when things like this would happen to Bentley or Linus or Truman, it was usually because they ate part of a toy or something so it might be best to check that out just to see if you can figure out what's going on.

this is the exact advice I followed from @sheshistory when this happened to Duke.. I would not worry right now if she just started but if you do think there is a possiblity she ate a toy I would call the vet. Duke was so sick for 2 full days.. we did the bland diet and he still had the runs. We took him to the ER vet on a Friday night. they gave him 2 needles for the throwing up, told us if he did not get better by morning to bring him back for xrays.. the next morning he passed a toy that he had eaten 3 months prior! Again stay calm it may just be she is sick but you do want to be very careful that she does not have a blockage.. :( ..... Believe me you will know.. no matter what I did with Duke he threw up

Good Luck to you.. Give her hugs and keep us posted..

oh one other point.. the vet told us the " key " to knowing Duke was trying to pass something is he would vomit every 45 minutes toward the end.. if she begins to vomit more or the runs get worse I would call.

Hope this helps. Also Duke had mushy poops this week .. you know the difference. When he ate the toy he was sick :(

Last edited:
OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Thanks everyone!! I think she is doing better. We shall see when I make dinner. i am gonna try a bit more boiled chicken. I will let ya'll all kow.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.