So Cal and Need to find a good vet for Sadie or 1.5 yr Bulldog

racingrisa

Apr 29, 2010
Hello all I live in Southern California -Orange County to be exact, we have a English Bulldog who has had her fair share of allergies and issues and I like my vet for my cats but just don't think he is exactly what we need for our Sadie and I am thinking thinking about breeding her at sometime and he has already basically told me he won't come in after hours etc for a c-section and to call around to hospitals to get prices and I am just not convinced he knows enough about her breed but at the same time I am very picky who I take my animals to and I do trust the him and his staff very much. Anyways I need some advice or a tip on somewhere local to go, I know there is a vet in riverside I have heard that is good but that is too far in a emergency type situation or otherwise really I want to try and find a vet closer. Preferrably somewhere someone else has taken their bully and trusts. Can anyone help me out?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hello, I've never been to him myself but I hear alot of great things about Dr. Kraemer (Grand Pet Care Center) in Santa Ana. The vet you are talking about in Riverside is probably Dr. Butchko, he's known to be really good with English Bulldogs as well. Check out the recommended vets page, there are more vets on there in the Orange County/So Cal area that are known as being good with English Bulldogs.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/Recommended_Veteranarians.html

OP
R

racingrisa

Apr 29, 2010
Thanks for the info yes that is it Riverside kind of far from me, has anyone out there been to the vet in Santa Ana or Newport that is listed or does anyone have anyone not on the list in Orange County that is good?
Thanks

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
we have a English Bulldog who has had her fair share of allergies and issues....
.....and I am thinking thinking about breeding her at sometime

If you bully has had allergies and issues, --they should not be bred, as they will more than likely pass their problems down to their pups. Just wanted to let you know, so you might want to reconsider breeding her.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have only been to Butchko, not the sant ana or newport vets BUT if they are listed then they are probably a better bet than trying to find your own. I go to Butchko if we have problems and then go to a local vet for shots etc just because not being able to make an appt and the long wait is hard to do for everyday things. But if you are looking for a good vet for a specific bully problem I would for sure go with one off the list and see how you like them, they will know more than most for sure.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
If you bully has had allergies and issues, --they should not be bred, as they will more than likely pass their problems down to their pups. Just wanted to let you know, so you might want to reconsider breeding her.

I agree 100% with this as well.

OP
R

racingrisa

Apr 29, 2010
Thanks for the info all regardless I still need to and want to find a good vet to take care of her needs. Anyone out there is south orange county with a English Bulldog? If so please if you would let me know what vet you go to. I really want to go to someone that is a Bully vet and is a referral by someone else who has been to them.
Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.