Small tight tail issues

tahitisweetie8

Jun 22, 2011
Morgan Hill, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodger
Hello,

I'm new here and I need some more info for my puppy Dodger. His tail is cinnamon roll looking and it is very tight. Almost every time he poops he has some on his butt still and I clean it every time with baby wipes. Will baby powder made from pure cornstarch be good to keep it dry?
Also his butt has become red and irritated. I put some desitin on it and I hope it sooths it. Does anyone has recomendations?
I'm looking into getting his tail cut but want to make sure the vet knows what he/she is doing. I live in the bay area in California does anyone know of a good vet?

Thank you:-)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi there.. my suggestion would be after using the baby wipe ( which we still do with Duke and he is going to be 4 this summer).. take a soft tissue and dry the area.. it sounds to me like it is getting red because of moisture.. Yes the powder will help too. Also try not to wipe hard..

Welcome ! I don't live in California but [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] does and I am sure she can help you with vets!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Welcome!!! I think you are on the right track here. Make sure to dry after wiping with a wipe.I use medicated gold bond(the yellow kind)after wipping and drying. desiting is good too.Just do not put a thick layer. less is best. As long as you keep this part of your daily cleaning process it will be fine. I do not know about the surgery, i opted against it and Mocha has not had any problems(she will be 2). You dont have to kill yourself doing this everytime they go, I do it at the end of the day. :heart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! I'm here in caleeeefornea! But sorry..southern. Did you check the vet recommendation thread on the forum? If not..I know there are a couple people here from northern cal. They will hopefully check in and help you! Welcome to the site. FYI..I wipe jakes booty after every poo...think it comes with the territory! As far as moisture..think [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION] are giving you great advice! Treat it like a babys behind! Would love pics of your Dodger!

OP
T

tahitisweetie8

Jun 22, 2011
Morgan Hill, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodger
Thank you everyone for your help it is greatly appreciated. I usually have to wipe after every poop because if not it will get all over me or the house lol. I was told that he may need it cut because it could grow into his but and give him colon cancer so that's my reasoning to look into it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.