how much should i feed my 7 month pup

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
i give her 2 cups total in a day one in the morning one in the evening i was told i should feed her 4 cups total any advice?

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
On Matildas bag of Blue it says between 2 1/3 and 3 1/4. For 7 months to 12 months.

bullymommy2vinny

Apr 28, 2011
It should have a feeding chart on the side of the dog food bag, with weight and age and amount you should feed. Currently my 6 month old eats 3 cups a day 1 in morning, 1 afternoon and one at night!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake is 6 1/2 months old..he gets 1 1/2 cup twice a day. He is NOT on a puppy food. I have had him on an all stages food since he came home at 8 weeks. First natural balance..recently switched to Fromm. I don't think you should go by what the bag says. It's in their interest you feed more!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet is going to be 12wks i give her 2 cups a day and somtimes more just depends on her Shes real good about not over eating. She does.have alot of frozen green beans and frozen,carrots lol I know oi m not much help just thought id share

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We have Gator who is about 8.5 months. I feed him twice a day and 1.5 cups a feeding. I was feeding 2 cups per feeding but he is getting a bit chunky and his :poo: wasn't as firm as it should be so I cut back a bit. We are also not on puppy food. We use an all stages food.

OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
so 3 cups should work and i guess next bag will be adult food. because 2 cups looks like it wasnt enuf thans for the advice yall.

OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
yea her next bag will be all stages how do yall feel about purina pro plan selects and royal canine bulldog?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yea her next bag will be all stages how do yall feel about purina pro plan selects and royal canine bulldog?

Hate both of those choices-- especially the purina!!! If you are going to spend that much on royal canine, you should check out the dog food ratings to get a wonderful food for your bully :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I personally would not give Purina Pro Plan to my bullies, although I feed it to my Beagle, it's the only one she can tolerate and not throw up. We used to feed Royal Canine a few years back, started out good, but bad gas and then they started itching real bad. Tried Holistic Select for awhile but Buddy started itching. So now we feed FROMM 4 star and so far so good.

flbarbie04

Jul 28, 2010
Evansville, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Maddison Jane and Meat Head
I started out with Blue and then to Oceana..my bullies didn't like either one of them. Switched to Royal Canine Bulldog food, which is what I fed my boxer (RC Boxer Formula) and they didn't care for it either. They do however LOVE Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice. I also give them green beans, carrots and apples. They have had NO issues at all with digestive or allergies. Vet said they are very healthy.

Now I am wondering about the Pro Plan...=(

OP
T

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
she was one blue wild puppy but i wasnt impressed for what i paid i feel like it should of done more im not sure but i think she might have a problem with grain so she is one grain free. she here are her needs grain free real meat as main ingredient. i started a new thread in dog nutrition.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online