Yeast infection?

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie keeps chewing on his tail and backside. He has it all red. Under his tail it is a rusty color. Also, on his back it looks like spots where his hair has thinned. Do you think it is a yeast infection?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could be or it could be his food. What food do you have him on?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Avoderm is a good food, but even the best food may not agree with your dog, it is a trial and error thing. I would just see what the vet says. We had ours on Holistic Select because a friend of ours feeds her bullies this and they do great on it, and everything was OK for awhile then Buddy and Lucy started itching. We changed to FROMM 4 Star and so far so good.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Could be yeast or could be anal glands. One of my dogs chew and licks his backside when he needs his glands cleaned out. Have you put anything on it? You can use clotrimazole or anti fungal cream. A trip to vet maybe in order just to see what it is for sure. I have my dogs on Holistic Select and they are doing well on it so far. Tried sarah on grain free and her yeast got worse. Maybe try avoderm with grains. It is trial and error. Good luck and let us know how Brodie is doing?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
With the rust coloring I would guess at yeast. I would try cleaning it well with a mal a ket or douxo wipe and then putting some panalog on it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.