Help - Labored Breathing

golfrmom64

Oct 26, 2010
Easley, SC
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzie, Abbie & Georgia
Hello all - First I want to say thank you everyone for the day to day activity with thier bullies - when I am having a bad day at work that is where i head to put a smile on my face until I get home to my bullies and husband.....
Now the issue at hand - I just aquired an 18month old female - not fixed - very fat - hard of hearing sweetest bully - she reminds me of a child that has never had attention and once she is getting that attention she is not going to share which my other bullies do not understand.

To my question - I know I went the long way to get here - she has very labored breathing - we are scheduled to see the vet tomorrow morning. Has anyone been through this - I spoke to the vet - he thought it ight be stress and to give her a benedryl which did not help. I have not been able to look down into her mouth as she is a very stubborn lady. I have no records on her and just know she has been breed once already and she will 2 in September. Any idea's - I hope I gave all the information.........to give me some reassurance - and she did have a nasty tick on her that had been there a good long while - full of blood.........

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Has she always had the labored breathing since you got her or has it just started? It may be just from being over weight. Good thing you are taking her to the vet tomorrow to check it out. Hope it's just from being over weight. Keep us posted.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: perhaps she has small airways. The vet visit should be helpful. Let us know what you find out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hopefully it is just from the weight issue, as that can be fixed easily with diet. Let us know what the vet says... :)

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I don't think the issue has anything to do with the tick. I think it mostly has to do with her weight. How big is she? Is she labored all the time or when she is moving? Is she peeing ok for you? Does she drink alot? I know there is alot of questions, but there is a bunch of info omitted.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
She could be nervous because of a new home, or she's too warm, but as others have said it is most likely because she is overweight and/or has a small trachea.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hi and congratulations on the new bully. She sounds really sweet. I would tend to think her weight may be a huge part of the breathing problem Please keep us posted on what the vet thinks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.