Need help with my bulldog possibly dreaming...

Erin Davenport

Jun 16, 2011
Kansas, Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
We have just got our first English Bulldog. She has done this weird thing 2 times now. She is sleeping and then her body kind of twitches and she makes a very low cry and her eyes start moving.I am able to wake her up by talking to her and kinda patting her. I am new to this and I was wondering if anyone could help me know if she is dreaming or is this something that needs to be seen by a vet. Thanks a bunch!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
sounds like she is dreaming to me! My dogs do that all the time when they sleep.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
no worries :) she is just dreaming. I wouldn't wake her just let her be. I remember when Duke first used to do this I felt bad for him but then our vet told me to just leave him be..

Welcome to the forum!!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Like Kim said, she is just dreaming. Matilda does this too.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome to the EBN!

She's probably dreaming. It's kinda cute actually. My Stig twitches when he sleeps.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl twitches, growls, woofs in her sleep. I just hope she doesn't catch up to that kitty she's chasing in her dreams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This post is so ironic and funny to me, just last night I was sound asleep and I heard Vegas kind of growling, low barking. I got out of bed to go check on him and he was sound asleep in his crate. This is weird you posted this, Vegas is 2 and it is the first time I have heard him do this!!

Welcome to EBN!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep sounds like a dream to me. Cutty does this very often and even gets his paws moving slightly as if he is running, SO funny!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack dreams a lot when he is in our recliner with me. He makes muffled barks, yips and growls and all four feet move in slow motion like he is chasing something. It is very sweet!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Welcome to EBN and yes all 3 of my dogs do this it is so funny sometimes wondering what they are chasing.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Yup, Biggie does all of that running, whoofing, yipping, barking, grumbling in his dreams all with moving eyes under the lids.

My Fiance and I were joking the other night that he's really not helping the stereotype any, but he also eats in his dreams A LOT! lol. His lips will just start smacking away, he'll swallow, lick his chops and everything. lol. This must be what happens when they catch up to what they were chasing [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], lol.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] Funny. I know what "really" happens to BabyGirl when she catches the cat. I've had to remove on two separate occasions a cat claw embedded in her face. She absolutely hates my daughters cat (a male yellow tabby).
4caff1b1-77a5-cc67.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.