Thread: Head tremors

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Head tremors

Good afternoon all!

Havent been on in about a month due to many things going on @work and home. I am writing this post today because last nite @ around 12:20 midnight as Scott and I where getting ready to go to sleep, Mocha's little head started bobbling up and down uncontrollably . She is almost 2(will be 2 in August) and have never done this before. We where just in panic mode. We didnt know what to do. She was alert and she stood uat treadp but her head kept bobbing up and down. Scott grabbed her and kept on talking to her, I was hysterical, and then Scott said, go to your english bulldog website" "Go"! I could hardly type. Sure enough, there was a post about this very same subject! With lots of replies and advice about it. I send @TessaAndSamson a messege last nite, thanking her for her advice. but I would like to thank all of you!!This post are important and can save the life of your dog. Thank you to all that posted their advice in the tread! Thank you!
    LisaMarie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Head tremors

I am just glad EBN is here so we have a way to get the word out about these weird things that only come up with bullys!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Lucy-licious

How is Mocha no @ LisaMarie?
    The site is full of valuable info that can put everyone minds at rest in a stressful and scary situation. I am glad you found it comforting when you needed it the most. BIG HUG for you and mocha and your hubby too

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I know the hysterics! The first time Vegas did this was because he was over-stimulated, I did post scared to death and took him to the vet the next morning. Joe was playing with him and had his favorite Monkey playing keep-a-way and Vegas started doing this with his head. Scared the crap out of me. Joe is no longer allowed to play with Monkey, actually it is off limits to anyone. How is Mocha today?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO -She is doing great! She has not done it since, thank God! That was the scariest thing ever. I tell ya, if anything happens to her I would go crazy!!! We also got some info on the tremors and just like you guys stated it is very common in Bulldogs and it appears to have the first onset at 2 years of age(Mocha will be 2 in August), so we are a little bit prepared now. We keep reliving the day , to see what did we do diffrently and I think she had her dinner a bit earlier that day and because Scott and I went over to visit our neighbors, she didnt get her evening snacks. My son was babysitting her and all they did was sleep. I also read something about calcium supplements, any thougths on that???
    LisaMarie

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

wow...I don't have any experience with this but I wanted to give you big . I am glad to hear she is doing better!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So glad you came on here---- I know if it happened to my bully's before I knew about them I would have freaked!! Luckily we have never had one, but knowledge is power. So glad to see you again! Miss you & Mocha!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

How scary for ALL of you. Glad you were able to get help when you needed it. So agree with desert sky.. "knowledge IS power".

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

So glad you were able to search an find the thread! I totally panicked the first time Chunk had them - even knowing he was predisposed and having read all the info on here. It is just so scary!!!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

Rocky just recently had his first head tremors on may 30th, I was also shocked,scared, and freak out just as u were...rushed him to vet and found out all the info that is posted here...
    He spent night at hospital for observation and had two more while at vet....
    Came home and had three more on the following day....

It's definitely frightening....

He hasn't had any since...so that is good...

Only advice or info that I got from vets is that they do not know what it is, what causes it, and basically anything....

They referred us to a neurologist but said that he may not be able to help him either...no meds or treatment available for these tremors

So basically we r praying that he doesn't have another or if he doesn't very far apart....

So I feel for u and know ur pain....

Jenna Zepeda

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all of you for your supportMocha had another episode last nite at 3:44 in the AM. I was not so hysterical(as much as I could be) And Scott offered her some milk and a little piece of a granola bar and she focused and it stoped. We thank you for all the great info because it has helped a lot. I dont want to bring her to the vets , because in that office all they suggest is surgery. I usually have to argue with them , and usually Im right. I will be getting her some calcium supplements tomorrow as they seem to have proven some what effective. Any suggestions are welcomeI love you all!
    LisaMarie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@LisaMarie...sorry it happened again..I can tell from your post how much calmer you are. Also..I'm a firm believer we know our dogs better than anyone.good for you..no surgery is in order here..hopefully the calcium will help. You should start a blog here and post what you are trying..dates..amounts..etc. Might help someone down the road..and a great way to document for yourself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads