Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head tremors

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Head tremors

a tsp of honey usually brings them round if not anything thats sweet and i dont mean kisses and cuddles!!!!,hope all is well by the way,karen

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@LisaMarie Sorry I found this thread so late, but life has been so hectic lately.

Here's a video I took of Maggie having one of hers
    YouTube - Maggie

You are going to find a LOT of different answers on here from people whose bullies suffer from these. And none of their reasons are going to be wrong, because I just think that each bulldog starts doing this for different reasons. It's not something that ONLY bulldogs suffer from but they are one of the breeds that are prone to it. So it could be a number of reasons ......

For Maggie it appears to be food, in the video you will see me offering her a treat which in this case is a baby carrot. I can be in the kitchen and cooking with her sat behind me and she is fine. As soon as she believes there is the hint of a possibility of her getting something then the head tremors will start! That's the only time she does it, so there is no treating her with little tit-bits of food when I cook because from then on I'm looking back and seeing what happens in the video!!!

I'll be totally honest with you ... I think they don't really care too much when it happens, and I think the horror of it is only felt by us. I hope this all puts your mind at ease a little.
    Last edited by kazzy220; 06-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220, That Maggie is adorable!!!! But, yes, that is what Mocha did. And you are right about that it could start for a number of reasons. i think Mochas scheduel has changed, because we are going to bed later that usual, we get up late , so her eating rutine is different. The weather here in VT is beautifull right now,so we are going more places and taking more walks. What I am trying to do is get her back into a set rutine again. Thank you so much @kazzy220 for the info!
    LisaMarie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Idk if anyone mentioned this but my vet explained it to me like an eye twitch to us. It's really annoying but doesn't actually hurt. Chunk puts his head on the ground to try to stop it unless one of us is holding him. But he never gets upset!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads