Thread: bloody nose

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default bloody nose

Hi,

Yesterday Lola was snorting a lot and had a runny nose. Everyone in my family is suffering from horrible allergies, so I chalked it up to that and gave her a Benadryl. She slept well last night, and the snorting was better. This morning, however, the snorting was back and there was a small amount of blood when I wiped her (very) runny nose. We did give her another Benadryl. I know this is gross, but the snot is clear, so I don't think she has an infection. Could the blood just be from irritation, or should I call the vet? She is otherwise in very good spirits and is acting quite normal. Thanks for any advice...

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bloody nose

It could be irritation but if it happens again i would call the vet just in case. Sarah has runny noses sometimes but ive never seen blood from it. I would keep giving the benadryl to.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bloody nose

When my allergies were bad I would get bloody nose all the time from the irritation. Saline solution was what the ENT recommended to soothe and hydrate the lining of my nose, but I'm not sure how one would do that to/for a bully.

Remove Ads