Peeing In Bed

H

heff101

For some reason Heff has started to pee his bed at night.
Its almost as if he starts to pee then wakes up and runs to the door.
Sometimes its not much other times he empties his bladder on his bed.
Nothing has changed lately food wise etc etc.
We have tried taking his water away about 2 hours before bed but that does not help.
I am lost.

He is just dang lucky he is so cute otherwise I would be pissed (no pun intended)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
mmmm??:confused: I am not sure why he would start that? do you let him out right before bedtime?? if everything is the same and he is not eating or drinking more and he pees right before bed I would give it a few days and then maybe call the vet?? does he do it any other time of the day?

oh and for the love of God I could never get mad at that face either! :smoochwink:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm definitely no expert but maybe he has a bladder/urinary tract infection?

OP
H

heff101

No during the day he can go hours without peeing. Its just at night.

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
Any time there's a significant change in urinary patterns (peeing inside, peeing more often, etc), it can be a bladder infection, bladder stones or crystals in the bladder. I've had all three with mine. My male had crystals and he just couldn't hold it. They hurt and he would go to get them out.

My female has had bladder infections and stones, try making sure you take him out every 2-3 hours whenever you can even if he can go longer between breaks. Urine sitting in the bladder can cause trouble in dogs prone to infections or stones. Provide plenty of water. Most of all, go to the vet and have a urinalysis run.

Hope he feels better soon.

Pris

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Going out for a p just before bed may help, or like Turi suggested a urinary infection.

OP
H

heff101

Going out for a p just before bed may help, or like Turi suggested a urinary infection.

he always goes before bed. I doubt its a Urinary infection as he would pee during the day as well. It only happens during the night.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Is there a chance he isnt drinking as much during the say so you wouldnt notice? I mean my boys dont do much of anything if we are gone so maybe a cause? If so it still may be an infection?

OP
H

heff101

Is there a chance he isnt drinking as much during the say so you wouldnt notice? I mean my boys dont do much of anything if we are gone so maybe a cause? If so it still may be an infection?

He drinks allot during the day.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmm.... I dunno what to say. Not like he is a little puppy or anything. Maybe somebody else will be of help? I would say bust him but how can you I mean really. I just looked up at his face again and there is no way. haha

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Is he mad? do you make him go to bed? it could be revenge. At Christmas I was taking down the tree and Vegas wanted to play, and I watched him sulk, go to his crate and just pee :nonono:, NO REASON, except I was not paying attention to him, he did not even go to the door.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Is he mad? do you make him go to bed? it could be revenge. At Christmas I was taking down the tree and Vegas wanted to play, and I watched him sulk, go to his crate and just pee :nonono:, NO REASON, except I was not paying attention to him, he did not even go to the door.

STUBBORN bullies! :lmao:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke

didn't think of this.. last year when we were packing my son up to go back to college. Duke sensed it he is very attached to my son ).. he stood on his duffle bag looked right at me and peed all over it?? he was def mad at us?? he had NEVER gone in the house prior to that.. its something to think about? e

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online