Update on Gator's injury

L

Lucy-licious

Bully snuffles from Lucy for both Gator and your hubby.
I hope all goes well with your hubby's surgery and am sending good vibes across the ocean for Gator.:pray:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol id send my old man for a general anashtetic just to get some peace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,joking aside (not really joking )i hope both are ok,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes hugs to you from sarah and I :hug:and we will think good thoughts that all is well with both your guys. Keep us posted.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
First off, I just want to say THANK YOU for all of your support. You are all such a wonderful, caring group of people. Must be a trait of bully lovers :).

Well, we didn't get to the vet today. My husband was at the hospital MUCH longer than expected. We didn't leave until after 5pm. He is doing ok. His foot is just starting to hurt a little. They had it pretty numb and it is starting to wear off.

Gator, however, is NOT doing better. He jumped on the sofa before I could stop him and he hurt his leg and it was hanging limp. After a few minutes he started to put weight on it again. I gave him some pain meds given to us by the ER vet. I just hope he can hold on until we get to the vet tomorrow. We have one errand in the morning (need to get dog food, we are out and it can't wait) and then off to the vet. I will post how he is doing but it is concerning that:
A. the radiologist saw something on the x-ray and
B. it isn't feeling any better.

I did give him a nice bath tonight (he likes it) and he was calm and relaxed from the massage. I had to fight the instinct to put him in the car and rush him back to the ER when he hurt it again. Oy.....just like if my kids hurt themselves! I never thought I would have such a strong reaction.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
So glad ur hubby is home an recovering. Please keep is ip dates on gator mr lex sends his love and slobbery kisses for toms visit! Hope it's nothing major

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
glad to hear your husbands surgery went well today and we will keep Gator in our prayers along with Lucy Lu for a speedy recovery. I hope the vet has good news for you and Gator will be his old self in no time. Hugs and bully kisses from all of us to all of you.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I am so glad your hubby is ok and I will be praying for Gator and that it is nothing serious.:pray: I wish there was more I could do as I worry about my bully to. Please let us know how he is doing. Lots of well wishes to you and your family. :hug:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I had to help give my hubby a bath today as he cannot get his bandage on his foot wet. That was an experience! That and our vet trip did not turn out too well. Gator now has to have surgery. We have an appt at 11am with the ortho surgeon for him to assess him and do the surgery if he feels it is needed. Is there no end??? I am SUPPOSED to be on summer vaca!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I had to help give my hubby a bath today as he cannot get his bandage on his foot wet. That was an experience! That and our vet trip did not turn out too well. Gator now has to have surgery. We have an appt at 11am with the ortho surgeon for him to assess him and do the surgery if he feels it is needed. Is there no end??? I am SUPPOSED to be on summer vaca!

:eek: WOW! Sorry..been off all day!! Please let me know! :pray: what is his injury? Important part is..it is fixable!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.