Gator had to go to the emergency vet today

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
. I worry before anything happens anyway just to practice. :blink:

:lol: Well, he still has a limp this morning but it is a bit better. We didn't have morning play time today. And he was not happy about that and neither was Gypsy. I guess it is still limited activity for a few more days.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Gator! Am glad that it wasn't too serious! Whew! Frank did something similar and I can't even tell you how panicked my husband and I were. But some pain meds and no jumping or running for a couple of weeks and it was like it never happened! I hope Gator is all better and back to normal play soon!

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Last night I let him on the "special" sofa next to me in the sunroom while I watched a movie (they are not normally allowed on that particular furniture). Well, he fell asleep and I left him there to go to bed. I was upstairs brushing my teeth and felt something brush against my leg and about jumped out of my skin. I guess he felt like sleeping with me last night and came all the way upstairs to find me. I felt so bad that he braved the stairs with a bum leg that I caved and put him in my bed. My husband is out of town anyway and I was so tired, his snoring didn't bother me. So, the poor boy got a special treat :).

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
awwwww how cute that he got to sleep with you. I hope he's back to normal soon. It's possible he strained a muscle or bruised something and it'll just take a few days. At least you have the piece of mind nothing is broken or dislocated. I'd have been freaking out if HRH did something like that.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ooooh [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]..tonight will be interesting! Poor baby..told you to cuddle with him! Good job. Will be waiting to see what the vet says tomorrow!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wouldn't you know it BabyGirl tweaked her arm. She's limping because I think she hurt her front arm hurling herself at the gate chasing my daughters cat. We're falling all over her with concern and helping her get into her favorite chair. We're thinking about giving her a little bell so she can call on us when she needs something. Spoiled? :hissy:Of course not! Here she is looking sad.:(

4C96D98B-orig-1.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] that is so adorable. Aren't they just to die for. I hope she is better soon.
@GatorRay that is so cute he got to sleep with you and watch movies. Mine sleeps with me every nite or I dont sleep. clickity clack on the hard wood floor all night long.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Aw...poor baby girl! Hope she feels better today! [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] She seems ok other than a slight limp. She still wanted to go for her walk so we took it easy. I'll keep an eye on her. Wish I could have BabyGirl sleep on my bed but I already have two kitties there (seniority you know).
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I agree she is "to die for." I'm almost embarrassed about how much I love her.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] - Sorry to hear about Gator and BabyGirl's injuries. They're lucky to have you as moms. =). I'd be scared and paranoid too if Stig showed something like that.

And never be ashamed about loving BabyGirl so much, that's why there's this forum. :blush2: We're the the NORMAL ones, remember. lol.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] no kidding! Without us, they couldn't feed their families! lol.

Well, Gator is looking better this morning. He was running through the house like a madman and I had to put the kibosh on that but seems to be looking better. I called and rescheduled Gator's regular vet appt until tomorrow late afternoon. I was GOING to make my poor hubby sit at the airport for two extra hours so that I could take him to the vet today but then thought better of it. Plus my hubby is having foot surgery tomorrow early.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
im pleased hes ok,unless you see a bully fall and you know its an actual injury then its usually a bit of puppy limp rest usually does the job,but we do worry far to much lol,karen

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] You're right. I'd take a bullet for my babies. My vet is just 40 min. away if it was more serious. She's pretty tough considering she's had to chase my Frenchton around her whole life. I'm ususally biting my lip because I'm afraid she'll overdo the activity. So I keep a very close eye on them both and stop them before it gets too crazy. Knock on wood, other than this tweak which she did in the confines of her pen somehow she has never had any bodily injuries. BabyGirl is back to normal today. Here she is enjoying her long awaited deer antler treat.
214EAB7B-orig-1.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I for one am glad to see so many people on here who take their pets care seriously. Sarah was a mess when we got her at 1 year old. She has a permanent limp from a torn acl that was just left. She had 3 kinds of worms and was only 27 pounds and could not even squat to pee without wobbling and me having to hold her hips steady. Broke my heart the dead I want to die look in her eyes.

100_0230.jpg

Now she is 47 pounds and strong as an ox. So ya know what keep on worrying and fretting over our bullies. Spoil them for all the people who dont do it. :)

04-24-08_1429.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.