Gator had to go to the emergency vet today

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yesterday he started limping a little bit on his left front leg. So, I figured maybe he just pulled something and just needed some rest and we would see how he did this morning. He got up and was walking normally and then when we went out for morning play time, he took off running at full speed and then just fell over. I ran over and he wouldn't get up. So, I panicked and carried him to the car and we went to the emergency vet. They did X-rays and said that it looked fine and that they couldn't see anything wrong that he must have just strained it or something. They gave me some pain meds (as he is still limping along) and a copy of the x-rays and sent us home. We are to go see his regular vet Monday afternoon as I had made a "just in case" appt on Friday.

Looks like it is only going out for potty breaks for him and no playing. I have to actually put him on a leash now whereas we never had to before because I would let him play out if he felt like it. They did say that he is so "stoic" that they had a hard time figuring out exactly where it hurt. I could have told them that. lol.

I am relieved it wasn't something serious. You wouldn't believe some of the awful things running through my mind!!!! I guess as [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, we are all worrywarts here. lol

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Well, I am glad he didn't break anything!!! Yes, I agree, we are definately worry warts!!! Lol!!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
thank Goodness he is ok!!! and I think our bullies are glad we are all worryworts!! :tease: I remember once Duke jumped off the sofa and was limping the next day. We took him to the vet and they said for him to take it easy .. he was fine in about 3-4 days and back to normal.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad to see he is OK, a scary thing when they fall over and can't get up. That's what Buddy boy did when he hurt his front leg, he was limping in the kitchen and fell over and I said that's it we're going to the vet. Hope he gets better soon. Bully hugs from all of us.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh No...poor Gator AND poor Gators mommy!! I'm glad they took x-rays...hopefully that relieved some of your worries! I always worry. We are in the mountains and I'm pretty limited with my Internet! Sorry I'm late! We have to tether the iPad off my husbands phone and it's pretty hit and miss! Jake was laying on the deck today..only in high 60s..but he was in the sun. He came in and was panting so hard! I put cool towels on him and yelled at him for not having the sense to move in the shade! When I fed him ..a few hours later..he threw it all up!! I was all panicked..then realized he probably just drank too much water. Seems fine but I can totally relate to PANICKING..:eek: im good at THAT! Will be waiting to hear what your vet says..I think you need to love and cuddle him [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes it is scary and im so glad he is ok. Give him hugs from us. We are all worry warts here even if we dont admit it. Please let us know how he gets along in the next few days.

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 570.jpg I am so glad he is OK, and YES we are all worry worts

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you so much for the well wishes. My word, I was scared he really did something to himself when he wouldn't get up! I hope he is better by Monday.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh how scary!! Keep us posted tomorrow, let us know how he is doing. :muah:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Oh Gator boy!!! Feel better ASAP! That is awfully scary!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaawww ... I hope he feels better soon. Just keep him really quiet and carry him everywhere!!! :crazy:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Poor Gator. So glad he's ok and just tweaked it a bit. My Wilson jerked suddenly back and he must of pulled a muscle in his front arm. After a few days of limping it was gone. But boy was I worried. I worry before anything happens anyway just to practice. :blink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.