Can you give an Advil or a Motrin????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have another post about thinking Vegas has an ear infection. After two days of using his Otomax antibiotic ear drops he is acting better. We go to the vet in the morning.

His left ear feels hot, I was just wondering if I could give him 1 advil??? I think it would help. BUT, I have never done this or know that I even can. Has anyone had their vet say this?? I just think it would help him feel even better, but I am afraid to just do it. Any advice??

L

Lucy-licious

From what I just read NO! All drugs of this type brufen, aspirin, advil, motrin are not safe for dogs. Can cause severe drops in blood pressure and kidney damage.
Hope Vegas feels better soon :hug2:

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
From what I just read NO! All drugs of this type brufen, aspirin, advil, motrin are not safe for dogs. Can cause severe drops in blood pressure and kidney damage.
Hope Vegas feels better soon :hug2:

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] thank you so much for that information. I did not give him one, I just thought it would be a good idea. Now I know. Vet in the morning.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]...what a good mommy you are :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The benedryl can also act as a pain reliever I have heard- (more on the sense that it makes them drowsy and helps them be comfortable)-- not sure if it's true tho.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
You can give baby aspirin, the vet said that was ok. I give Rollie 2, he has had trouble sleeping because of his allergies,and had hot ears too. He did get relief from it, and we all got a good nights sleep! For once. If he can't sleep no one can! benadryl didn't help him. I am going to try the zyrtec sometime.. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.