Why is my Bulldog so big . . .?

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie got spayed 2 weeks ago and when the vet came into the room he said "Oh She stayed small". Bertie weighs 33 lbs and will be 6 months old. She small, but she eats like a horse! She just keeps getting rounder! LOL

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My bulldog Linus was a preemie so the breeder he came from in Chicago said he'd be small. She even gave me a decent discount because of this and the fact he was nicked by a scalpel on the way out of his momma's C-section. He was 29 pounds when I got him at 16 weeks. Fast forward to today, he's a robust 79 pound dog. He's very long and and maybe could lose a few pounds but is in good shape - so much for that small bullie thing!

My other bulldog, recently deceased, Bentley was the same weight at 16 weeks but topped out around 62 pounds. He was much more athletic than Linus.

My newest edition, Truman, is 10 weeks and a touch below 14 pounds. I wish I had a time machine to see how beautiful he's going to be in the future!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
My bulldog Linus was a preemie so the breeder he came from in Chicago said he'd be small. She even gave me a decent discount because of this and the fact he was nicked by a scalpel on the way out of his momma's C-section. He was 29 pounds when I got him at 16 weeks. Fast forward to today, he's a robust 79 pound dog. He's very long and and maybe could lose a few pounds but is in good shape - so much for that small bullie thing!

My other bulldog, recently deceased, Bentley was the same weight at 16 weeks but topped out around 62 pounds. He was much more athletic than Linus.

My newest edition, Truman, is 10 weeks and a touch below 14 pounds. I wish I had a time machine to see how beautiful he's going to be in the future!

I always though Horse was a big bully, at almost 70 Lbs, but 79 wow! thats some big bully kisses, hugs and butt wiggles!

mactaz35

Jul 12, 2010
Dallas, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
TAZ (age 4) and Gracie (18mo) (allie died @ age 3 from anaphylaxis to her vacinations)
actually your wrong, I had a perfect litter without insemination. He get's more out of breath sitting around in the summer...... or going for a walk.

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Dempsey is 75lbs. I don't think his head is as big as some of the bullies I have met, but he is beautiful to me!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus is my big, big baby. Everyone is shocked at his size but when I see him, I don't see a big bullie, I see a tiny puppy - because that's how he seems himself too. I attached a few pics of him for reference. ( :

Attachments

• Linus1.jpg
    Linus1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Flower4.jpg
    Flower4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Dog9.jpg
    Dog9.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Dog3.jpg
    Dog3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 93

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have to say that the 3rd photo of Linus is awesome. AND, I was in the vet's office yesterday with baby Echo and Delta.......they had a poster on the wall with the target weight for male and female bulldogs. 40 for female and 50 for male. I laughed. No way! I say 40 to 50 for females and 50 to 60 for males. Keeping in mind that some English bulldogs stand taller than others. And don't they say "muscle weighs more than fat"?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is 13 months and 65 lbs. not fat at all, pure muscle!! How do you post pictures on this site, I am new??

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Here is a Photo of "MAXIMUS"....
I finally was able to upload a photo for everyone to see him.....

Attachments

• max 011.jpg
    max 011.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 100

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA