Flea medications ?

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
emmc_0318011815.jpgWell its that time in Ohio already, and i live in a very bad area that seems to attracts fleas. Last year our Frontline just did NOT do the job, our vet has recommended Revolution. after Dozer's experience and loosing him to a " recommended " medication, i am very nervous.. Does anyone have any feedback ? We havent had fleas yet, but i know its only a matter of time.. we do treat our yard and are very careful... but they still come every summer.. I want to do whats best for Diesel ?

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
Here's a page with a few complications listed. It also has a link to drugs.com which may list some additional ones.

The Side Effects of Revolution Flea Medication | DailyPuppy.com

A lot of the pages you find are actually ads or pages selling the stuff, but this one seemed to be an actual article.

My dogs seem to do great with the advantage stuff, but it makes ME sick :bully: and I have to avoid them til it's soaked in.

Priscilla

AZoei Naveah

May 4, 2011
We use one thats called Comfortis. Its a small edible pill and it seems to do right well. We have used it now all thru last summer with AZoei,Polky,and Tess and have started them back on it already for this season with no troubles. They all three are English Bulldogs and avid fans of Diesels & Kujo's facebook.... No insight on Revolution though....

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We use trifexis. Is both flea and heartworm. They seem fine with it so far.

OP
dozersmom

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
I have heard of Comfortis from other people as well ? I wonder if our vet carries it, i will have to call and ask again. what state do you live in ? So glad to hear your kids enjoy diesel and Kujo ! lol they are so fun.. Diesel's vet doesnt carry the Trifexis, thank you to everyone for your helpful relies !

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have heard of Comfortis from other people as well ? I wonder if our vet carries it, i will have to call and ask again. what state do you live in ? So glad to hear your kids enjoy diesel and Kujo ! lol they are so fun.. Diesel's vet doesnt carry the Trifexis, thank you to everyone for your helpful relies !

Maybe your vet could write you an rx and you could find it online! MAYBE??

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I used to get Frontline for Mocha but I didnt think it was doing its job, so this year I got her on K9 Advantix II and so far so good. I am really impress with it.

THEMATT311

May 7, 2011
i also use comfortis u can get it on the pet rx sites if u vet doesn't have it but im sure u vet does its good stuff.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.