I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Double Whammy: TWO Sick Bullies

You might remember my thread 1 year old puppy seems lethargic...well, Truman ended up perking up quite a bit even though his nose was still running. Then Linus started to get lethargic and his nose started running. And now they are both sick - Linus much more so than Truman.

Linus is so congested and miserable...his wrinkles are awful because the mucous is channeling right through his folds and his nose is all inflamed. One of his nostrils was completely blocked, I've never seen him so sick.

Truman is in better spirits but still very stuff and doing a lot of sneezing and coughing.

I took both to the vet yesterday and they are on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and I got Linus some medicated wipes to help tame what's happening in his folds. He is just so miserable.

So I am keeping a close eye on things. The vet said if Linus doesn't get better in a few days, come back and they will do some more tests because he doesn't want whatever is going on spreading to his lungs.

This has all caused me to have a major crisis about daycare - because that is where these illnesses are originating. I didn't know dogs could bring home these kinds of things (just like kids!) but this is our second round of upper respiratory illnesses! Does Stig ever get sick from daycare @savemejeebus or anyone else that takes their doggy to daycare?

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Double Whammy: TWO Sick Bullies

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that! It is so hard to see them sick, I feel so bad for you guys! I don't and have never taken my pups to doggy daycare so I don't have anything to say about that. I just hope they get better soon!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh no, sorry about the bad news and Linus catching it. The only time Stig's been sick was this past winter with kennel cough, but I'm not sure if he caught it from the daycare or PetSmart. But I know the daycare gets cleaned daily because I always see mops and other cleaning supplies around whenever we pick him up for the day. Are you aware of any other dogs at the place getting sick?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Oh no, sorry about the bad news and Linus catching it. The only time Stig's been sick was this past winter with kennel cough, but I'm not sure if he caught it from the daycare or PetSmart. But I know the daycare gets cleaned daily because I always see mops and other cleaning supplies around whenever we pick him up for the day. Are you aware of any other dogs at the place getting sick?
    I have been trying to call but I want to talk to the owner, and I keep missing him. I want to let him know that our dogs are sick but I don't think he'd tell me if others are...but I'm not sure.

I want to tell him how much we love the services but we can't keep spending money at the vet and taking the dogs to daycare - not to mention how bad it is to see them sick.

It's frustrating because the daycare is SUCH a good thing (and seems clean) but Truman keeps bringing home illnesses.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sheshistory View Post
    I have been trying to call but I want to talk to the owner, and I keep missing him. I want to let him know that our dogs are sick but I don't think he'd tell me if others are...but I'm not sure.

I want to tell him how much we love the services but we can't keep spending money at the vet and taking the dogs to daycare - not to mention how bad it is to see them sick.

It's frustrating because the daycare is SUCH a good thing (and seems clean) but Truman keeps bringing home illnesses.
    Are there any other reputable daycares that you can try for the next month or so? Maybe by going to a different one, we can determine if he's really catching the bugs at the one he currently goes to.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Are there any other reputable daycares that you can try for the next month or so? Maybe by going to a different one, we can determine if he's really catching the bugs at the one he currently goes to.
    I'm sure he's catching the bugs there because he doesn't go anywhere else. It seems like they keep the place clean and I always see a mop and bucket but I have noticed that they let their employees bring dogs to work and I think one of them works with a pit bull rescue, which is great, but I am sure some of the dogs are not in the best condition or up to date on all the inoculations.

I guess I'm thinking because the owner is really lax with us about providing proof of vaccinations and stuff, he is probably that way with everyone else and that's how stuff gets spread.

It might be worth looking into another daycare to see if there's anything else around though I think this one is fairly unique...and we buy packs of "days" to use and we have 8 left!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

ahhh i hope they recover very soon ,poor things,it must be a worry for you,thinking about you,karen

Potty Trainer breaking wind bullie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brian Rodriguez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winslow aka The crop duster
    Likes (Received)

I hope your bully feel better. Give them a hug from the Rodriguez family.

Lucy-licious

Aww for the babies and for you coping with them both while they are so poorly.
    I hope the antibiotics have them well soon and I'm sure your extra loving care will pay off in the next day or so.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Sorry your bully's are both sick, must be double the worry for you. I hope once these antibiotics take hold the next day or so they will feel better. Keep us updated.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All dogs that go there should have Bordatella, but even if they do they can still pick up the flu. This is why I even hesitate taking mine to the park!! I feel so bad for you and your furkids. I would ask for a refund on your eight days. They better give it to you too!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The antibiotics should knock out whatever it is.... hope they fell better soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads