Double Whammy: TWO Sick Bullies

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
You might remember my thread 1 year old puppy seems lethargic...well, Truman ended up perking up quite a bit even though his nose was still running. Then Linus started to get lethargic and his nose started running. And now they are both sick - Linus much more so than Truman.

Linus is so congested and miserable...his wrinkles are awful because the mucous is channeling right through his folds and his nose is all inflamed. One of his nostrils was completely blocked, I've never seen him so sick.

Truman is in better spirits but still very stuff and doing a lot of sneezing and coughing.

I took both to the vet yesterday and they are on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and I got Linus some medicated wipes to help tame what's happening in his folds. He is just so miserable. :cry:

So I am keeping a close eye on things. The vet said if Linus doesn't get better in a few days, come back and they will do some more tests because he doesn't want whatever is going on spreading to his lungs.

This has all caused me to have a major crisis about daycare - because that is where these illnesses are originating. I didn't know dogs could bring home these kinds of things (just like kids!) but this is our second round of upper respiratory illnesses! Does Stig ever get sick from daycare [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] or anyone else that takes their doggy to daycare?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no I am so sorry to hear that! It is so hard to see them sick, I feel so bad for you guys! I don't and have never taken my pups to doggy daycare so I don't have anything to say about that. I just hope they get better soon!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, sorry about the bad news and Linus catching it. The only time Stig's been sick was this past winter with kennel cough, but I'm not sure if he caught it from the daycare or PetSmart. But I know the daycare gets cleaned daily because I always see mops and other cleaning supplies around whenever we pick him up for the day. Are you aware of any other dogs at the place getting sick?

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh no, sorry about the bad news and Linus catching it. The only time Stig's been sick was this past winter with kennel cough, but I'm not sure if he caught it from the daycare or PetSmart. But I know the daycare gets cleaned daily because I always see mops and other cleaning supplies around whenever we pick him up for the day. Are you aware of any other dogs at the place getting sick?

I have been trying to call but I want to talk to the owner, and I keep missing him. I want to let him know that our dogs are sick but I don't think he'd tell me if others are...but I'm not sure.

I want to tell him how much we love the services but we can't keep spending money at the vet and taking the dogs to daycare - not to mention how bad it is to see them sick.

It's frustrating because the daycare is SUCH a good thing (and seems clean) but Truman keeps bringing home illnesses.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have been trying to call but I want to talk to the owner, and I keep missing him. I want to let him know that our dogs are sick but I don't think he'd tell me if others are...but I'm not sure.

I want to tell him how much we love the services but we can't keep spending money at the vet and taking the dogs to daycare - not to mention how bad it is to see them sick.

It's frustrating because the daycare is SUCH a good thing (and seems clean) but Truman keeps bringing home illnesses.

Are there any other reputable daycares that you can try for the next month or so? Maybe by going to a different one, we can determine if he's really catching the bugs at the one he currently goes to.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Are there any other reputable daycares that you can try for the next month or so? Maybe by going to a different one, we can determine if he's really catching the bugs at the one he currently goes to.

I'm sure he's catching the bugs there because he doesn't go anywhere else. It seems like they keep the place clean and I always see a mop and bucket but I have noticed that they let their employees bring dogs to work and I think one of them works with a pit bull rescue, which is great, but I am sure some of the dogs are not in the best condition or up to date on all the inoculations.

I guess I'm thinking because the owner is really lax with us about providing proof of vaccinations and stuff, he is probably that way with everyone else and that's how stuff gets spread.

It might be worth looking into another daycare to see if there's anything else around though I think this one is fairly unique...and we buy packs of "days" to use and we have 8 left!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
ahhh i hope they recover very soon ,poor things,it must be a worry for you,thinking about you,karen

L

Lucy-licious

Aww :hug: for the babies and :hug: for you coping with them both while they are so poorly.
I hope the antibiotics have them well soon and I'm sure your extra loving care will pay off in the next day or so.
:Muah:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Sorry your bully's are both sick, must be double the worry for you. I hope once these antibiotics take hold the next day or so they will feel better. Keep us updated.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All dogs that go there should have Bordatella, but even if they do they can still pick up the flu. This is why I even hesitate taking mine to the park!! I feel so bad for you and your furkids. I would ask for a refund on your eight days. They better give it to you too!!!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
The antibiotics should knock out whatever it is.... hope they fell better soon

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
The antibiotics should get them well again. Just from the videos you have posted, that daycare seemed wonderful. I'm sorry your boys are sick. I think I'd keep them home or look for another daycare, and yes, ask for a refund for your 8 days!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hugs to your two sickies! :( We don't go to a daycare, but our little man has been fighting congestion, goopy eyes, runny nose and loose stool. He is on allergy meds, but they don't seem to be working. He is also dealing with the overflow of the folds and has been lethargic. He was on an antibiotic 2 weeks ago, got a steroid shot last week and is on the allergy meds this week. I am not sure what we are dealing with here. I hope your little ones are feeling better soon. I know how it is with one, I could imagine what you are going through with the 2 of them being sick.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awww Hope they are feeling better soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.