Raw, Red irritated Wriinkles .... AGAIN !

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Well, here we go again. No matter what I do, and what product I use to keep Maximus' wrinkles clean and dry, nothing helps, and they are red, irritated, and the skin is down-right RAW and sore ! I know the moisture is the culprit, and I try and keep them dry, but I just can't keep up with it, and every day I am having to dry them, wipe them and apply DESITIN. It's not a long term solution and I don't find it effective.

There just has to be something out there that will help heal these red raw irritated wrinkles !

Does anyone know of anything that I can use that we haven't already talked about here ......?

Thanks, as always, for your help with this ..

~ Patrick

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
have you tried gold bond powder ?? I would apply a little in each fold to absorb the moisture? also I really believe less is more I found in the past the more I wiped , dried, desitin etc the worse they got?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Is it his eye wrinkes? Maybe an allergy making his eyes water a lot? I do desitin too but have cut back to every two days. A lot of people do well with gold bond powder. Think he could have a yeast thing going on? If so, try panalog.

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
I agree.... try gold bond powder, then after it heals don't wash his wrinkles so frequently or unless it is eye allergies that are making it moist, you might need to dry them more often, wrinkles do NOT need to be cleaned every day. I only do my bulldogs once a week and "knock on wood' I have never had a wrinkle problem in 9 bulldogs over the last 7 years.

Connie03062

Mar 24, 2010
Nashua, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Ziggy & Cayenne & Midas
I wipe my bullies face and wrinkles with Stridex pads with one with aloe...this helps keep the wrinkles dry..

Connie

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
The wrinkles that are raw and irritated are the two large wrinkles on either side of his nose. The skin is raw and very red. If I don't dry them and wipe them daily they get really raw and 'crusty'. I've cleaned them with Mal-a-Ket wipes, and used the Desitin, but they are not healing....

I think I will use the Gold Bond powder and switch to Stridex pads which are easier to find locally.

Thanks guys for your help with this again .... !

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
You also might want to go a day between cleanings and see if this actually helps. As two others have stated, I have found that when I stopped doing it every day, it actually got a bit better. Not the case with the nose rope, but it is for those wrinkles, at least for Gator.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
The wrinkles that are raw and irritated are the two large wrinkles on either side of his nose. The skin is raw and very red. If I don't dry them and wipe them daily they get really raw and 'crusty'. I've cleaned them with Mal-a-Ket wipes, and used the Desitin, but they are not healing....

I think I will use the Gold Bond powder and switch to Stridex pads which are easier to find locally.

Thanks guys for your help with this again .... !

I would try the powder but in my opinion NOT use the stidex pads while they are so raw.. I would think that would burn :cry:.... maybe try that after they heal up

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i always wipe down with apple cider vinegar diluted,it will kill any yeast and sooth ,havnt had to clean annies face for the last 2 weeks since last used acv worth a try ,karen

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use an anti-fungal yeast shampoo from our vet, I put a few squirts on a wash cloth wet it wipe, use a clean wet wash cloth rinse and a third wash cloth to dry. You might have to see a vet and get a steroid to heal up the open sores.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That gunk is yeast, or some fungus! it needs to be killed. Get some panalog from your vet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.