Chronic Vomiting???

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Roxi "spits up":barf: at least 2 times a week.

Sometimes it is just a fluid like substance that is generally clear and
sometimes there will be a few undigested food pieces that is brownish in color.

This "spitting up" is always sudden. She doesn't do it at a specific time of day. Also, sometimes after she spits up she snorts and sounds like she is trying to "hock a loogie."

Here is just a little glympse...Don't mind the dirty clothes. We are still doing laundry from Hawaii.:cursing:

Have any of y'all experienced this?

Vanessa

May 9, 2011
Tomball Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Cami
I have a 10 month old female that just did that for the first time at about 2:30 am. She sleeps with me and I heard her dry heaving so I got her out of bed and took her outside and she did spit up some clear stuff. After that she went back to sleep and was OK for the rest of the day.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
not sure what would cause this? how long has it been going on? its not bile? so her belly is full? I would ask the vet .. sorry couldn't be of more help...

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=2359]Vanessa[/MENTION] Your situation sounds to me like your bullie may need a light night snack or a later dinner. Or she could have gotten into something earlier in the day that didn't agree with her stomach.

[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] This has been going on for about a month and a half to two months. No, it is not bile and she does not have a full stomach when it happens. We have been to the vet multiple times and cannot come up with a solution. We thought it was seasonal allergies but I no longer believe that. :cry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes[MENTION=2359]Vanessa[/MENTION]..I agree about your bully needing a snack. My daughters golden did this all the time. Now he gets rice cakes before bedtime and she changed him to a better food..no more middle of nite barfs.

[MENTION=1704]RoxiBear[/MENTION]..maybe a change in food would help? That's a long time for her and you to deal with this!

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] she is currently eating Nature's Logic. I am trying to get the owner of the store where I buy her food to carry Fromm. It may be a few more months though. I'm at a loss on what else to do.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You should check out ordering from petflow..their prices are better than any of the pet stores I've tried..free shipping if over $59.. I think that's the cutoff..if you don't make it for free..there is a flat $4.95 charge. No sales tax and comes to your door. I love it and my daughter just started using it too! There is a code here someplace for free shipping..takes a few days to receive!

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I tagged the wrong person in my previous post-sorry. I will definitely look into that. I'm just a bit of a skeptic whe it come to ordering things online. I appreciate your help!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I tagged the wrong person in my previous post-sorry. I will definitely look into that. I'm just a bit of a skeptic whe it come to ordering things online. I appreciate your help!

I understand! No problem here..but I know enough people here use it so I tried it and on 1 case of wet food..my non bully uses I saved $13.00.. The treats I get were half price of petco and arrived in great shape..no breakage. They have great customer service too..I am a little computer illiterate..:lol: ..and found myself all twisted up trying to change an order..had online chat and took her like 30 seconds to fix me up! Of course got same girl twice..she remembered me..which is sad.. You will be pleasantly surprised!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hmm...my basset Lucy will sometimes do that. Usually if she eats something that isn't agreeing with her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.