Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Update: Maximus is doing better . . . . .

Well, I think MAXIMUS is doing better. I had to tweek a few things .....one was to cut down on the Probiotics I was giving him, and I also now have him on a permanent food --- FROMM Duck and Sweet Potatoe, plus I also give him home-made Lamb & Sweet Potatoe, which he loves! I buy ground Lamb and boil up some Sweet Potatoes, and he goes wild. This is a special treat he gets a few times a week. His stool has firmed up quite nicely! I'm very happy indeed! I think the inferior dog food and the Probiotics were the culprit. Probiotics are great for dogs, but not every day.......so I am very glad I have this problem under control.

Thanks also for the link for the "Perfect Form". What a great product. I think I'm gonna get some......

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww so good to hear!

Glad to hear Maximus is doing better. How do you cook up the ground lamb--like ground beef in a frying pan? I'd love to try that for Tuffy on occasion.

I was skeptical about Perfect Form because everything I else tried never worked and I worried it would be more money down the drain but I have to say that stuff is AMAZING! Wish I'd known about it months ago... And their customer service dept. is awesome. I emailed them twice with questions on how to administer the product and they responded immediately. Let me know how it works for Maximus if you end up getting it.

I'm not sure where to post this. I recently discovered that I am gluten intolerant. This prompted my to wonder if dogs could also have this problem. Yes they can . research on Google for dog + gluten intolerance. There is a lot of info out there.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh good, I am so glad that you have figurd out his problem. I bet he is happy now too, not having the runs so much.

Sharon that is interesting about the gluten intolerance, what are the symptoms/signs of it? This may be helpful to many who are struggling to figure out what foods to feed their "kids".

Major symptoms are digestive problems, but the condition can cause a long list of other problems. Gluten intolerance interferes with the normal activity in the small intestines. including the utilization of the food. I have problems with wheat, barley, rye, oats and I suspect corn. Dogs can also have the same problems. I suggest you google dogs + gluten intolerance. There is a lot of good info out there.

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default DIARRHEA again . . . . Help!

Hi -

Maximus loves ground Lamb and Sweet Potatoe, and it usually is his breakfast. He gobbles it up.
    The ground Lamb is boiled, as is the sweet potatoe. I started him on it as a result of his Giardia,
    it was recommended by the Veternarian in the ER. He looks very forward to it every day .....

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default HERE WE GO AGAIN ......The Diarrhea has Returned !

Ok, Friends, Here we go again ...........
    Tonite, Maximus had another bought of terrible Diarrhea! I'm trying to figure this whole thing out.
    He eats Lamb & Sweet Potatoe in the morning, doesn't touch his Dog food all day (coz he sleeps)
    than has Lamb & Sweet Potatoe in the Evening, followed his Dog Food (FROMM Duck and Sweet Potatoe). All of a sudden, he ran to his Wee-Wee Pad and had horrible Diarrhea! The only thing I can attribute this episode to is the dog food. He did not and does not have loose stool during the day at all.
    So I had to give him Anti-Diarrheal medication yet again and see what happens......I'm at my wits end with this. It looks like Max is going on a Bland Diet now for the entire Weekend.......

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm, this is definately very frustrating! I wonder if having both at night is causing the tummy and diarhea?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my you must be going out of your mind with this one. Just when you think you have it under control right? (I hope it is a quick fix for you both.) Like desert sky said maybe just too much at night? I dunno on this one, wish I could offer more help.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Okay, look at this list....eats like he is starving, constant yellowish soft "fluffy" stools, loosing weight?

Ask your vet to do a TAMU blood test and go to EPI4dogs.com immediatly, if he has what I think he could die. My Bella got saved. I hope I am wrong, but if not I am glad I helped and if you need anything else, please contact me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stomper
    Likes (Received)

I's say it's the Fromm food thats not agreeing with him..You said after he ate it he went right away..I'd stick tp one food till he gets over it..Skip the Froom food and see what happens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads