1 Year Old Puppy Seems Lethargic

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It would be good to hear what the vet says. Let us know!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I hope all goes well. Will keep him in my thoughts. :heart: Baby T!

Thanks! I forgot to add that I took his temp three times today and each time it was in normal range (101.3, 101.8, 101.6) - so no fever, which is good!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thanks! I forgot to add that I took his temp three times today and each time it was in normal range (101.3, 101.8, 101.6) - so no fever, which is good!

I am so glad to hear that! Did he perk up at all?

Poor Gator was knocked out from Benedrylyesterday and it is just no fun seeing them mopey and sleepy.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am so glad to hear that! Did he perk up at all?

Poor Gator was knocked out from Benedrylyesterday and it is just no fun seeing them mopey and sleepy.

Unfortunately not, he's been so sleepy and just not himself.

I am starting to think this might be kennel cough again but he's not coughing. If he picked it up AGAIN from daycare, I will have some decisions to make about his future there.

I appreciate all the concern!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
A few weeks ago lex was the same way very sleepy tired and extra clingy! We had to go to the vet for his mite check up and the dr said he was fine no ear infection or anything. A few days later he became his spit ball self again, maybe he had a bug i don't know. He does get a runny nose every once on a while but it's always clear but that's just allergies. Hope baby t starts to feel better!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
awww. they really do make us worry... I was thinking ear infection also. Duke has experienced this as well. bullies "hide" when they don't feel well just got quiet like you are saying. On a good note.. we can surely handle an ear infection or kennel cough.. the vet ( if so ) will just give some meds.. please keep us posted.. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You know I was thinking about this and remembered that yuna and Jesse both acted this same way when they ate something large (their bed). I think it is definately a sign that something isn't right. Hopefully you find out what it is. Could also be the heat, all of mine are extra sleepy this week but it is HOT!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.