Feet

jhab03

Mar 28, 2011
Dragging Paws

My 5 month old Bruce when he walks, he drags his front feet and has worn his middle nails on each paw down to the nubs.

Any suggestions on how to keep him from dragging his feet?

James

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, no suggestions but how nice, guess trimming the nails isnt a problem. haha I know Cutty drags slightly but not enough to make a diff on his nails. He isnt in pain or anything is he?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I've never heard of that but I'm wondering if you should try to limit how much he walks on hard surfaces till they grow out some. Bruce? you actually named your bully BRUCE????? LOL:ROFL:

Oh, and WELCOME.... thanx so much for joining us here on EBN! :)

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I have never heard of this! Any chance we could see a picture or video? Do they bleed or anything?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles drags his feet also but it must be a more modified drag because his nails do not get worn down to the nubs, bleed or hurt him. I can hear a difference in his walk and Mack's walk. I think [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] 's suggestion of walking him on grass or dirt instead of pavement for a while is a good one. Of my past dogs Chester was a foot dragger, too, and his feet bothered him so he couldn't go on much of a walk. Chester was very bow legged which may have affected the foot drag.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.