Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Usually my husband is MIA. Either work, at the gym or at gym tournaments. I'm usually the one who watches over the kids on a daily basis. So, this morning...my husband goes to take a shower and lets Vegas tag along. I do this with O every morning. While I shower, she either messes with the scale, or she sleeps on the rug waiting for the blow dryer. My husband gets out of the shower and yells for me.

I run upstairs and he tells me "your dog just ate a bar of soap".
:cursing::cursing:

He hands me the wrapper and this is what it says.
Made with some or all of these ingredients: Oils of coconut for high lather, Kosher derived soy, cottonseed and palm kernel for lather and hardness, olive oil for mildness, sodium hydroxide for saponification, cocoa and shea butters for conditioning....and the rest I can't read. It's from Mooseberry. I'm not sure what to do. He hasn't thrown up yet..

What should I do?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ooohh... Maybe make him throw it up? I dont think it would be bad for him so much other than make him sick to his tummy. Gosh Im sure somebody will have a more clear answer. Poor thing. Must have been some yummy soap!

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
call the vet asap. better safe then sorry, they will tell you what is best. Gregory ate an tack from the back of my moms recliner chair and i thought for sure he would have to barf it up but they said no feed him tons of bread so he will pass it faster and watch his poop for it.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It looks like there is a lot of natural ingredients. I would possibly find the company online and see if they have a hot line to call. Also call your vet or look up the ingredients. I am sure he will have an upset tummy, hope he gets over it real soon.

AZoei Naveah

May 4, 2011
Well i can say this guess she will have some clean intestines. He might even have some suds come out there butt or mouth. But one thing for sure at least one sure good thing she didn't choke on it as it went in. So most likely will pass. I would go and get some Pepto just to have on hand for the upset stomach. If it was poison chances are the dog would already be in shock and passed out monitor its sleeping habits for the next 12-24 hrs

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
if you ever need a dog to throw up because he just ate something that is poisonous ... use peroxide. Just open his mouth and dump it in until you are sure he got at least 1 swallow and then wait 5 minutes, if he doesn't throw up do it again.... My vet told me this is what they do and it saved my labs life when I heard her crunch on mouse bait....

Its not a pretty sight... they are miserable for a few minutes... but it does the trick.

write it down... keep it handy.... saves a life and a vet bill!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
if you ever need a dog to throw up because he just ate something that is poisonous ... use peroxide. Just open his mouth and dump it in until you are sure he got at least 1 swallow and then wait 5 minutes, if he doesn't throw up do it again.... My vet told me this is what they do and it saved my labs life when I heard her crunch on mouse bait....

Its not a pretty sight... they are miserable for a few minutes... but it does the trick.

write it down... keep it handy.... saves a life and a vet bill!

I so wish I would have known this earlier. Life is hell right now. Stuff is coming out both ends and it's not pretty. I'm keeping a very close eye on him. We were at the Bark in the Park...fundraiser for our community dog park. I've never seen projectile poop before. My poor baby. I'm such a bad bully momma.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Omg I wish I wouldve read this earlier! :(. Yes peroxide!! I wonder if it is too late?

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
You are NOT a bad Bully mama..... We can't know everything all the time.....

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He finally was able to keep down some white rice. It's been about 3 hours since any :barf: or :poo:! So, before bed he will get his second bath of the day. Hopefully the worse is over. I got to go back to the fundraiser for the park. I got back about 2:50 and hung out for a few minutes. They announced the end of the silent auctions at 3:30, ...and silly me, I left the house with just my camera. No funds. So, I had to jump in my car and go get my money..got back at 3:30 and was able to do a silent bid on one item (which I won) While I was gone, I won another raffle. My neighbor collected it for me, and she said they took her photo for the paper! How funny...cause if it makes it into the paper, it will be her photo with my name. Silly girl. So, I got tons of stuff and I was able to donate about 50.00 to the dog park.
I came home and Vegas was doing well. Luckily, he was constantly drinking water....(I swear he had bubbles coming out of his mouth) so, dehydration wasn't a concern. All should be good tomorrow. I will remember the peroxide for next time.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so sorry to hear about Vegas not feeling too well Bless his heart I cant imagine why he would eat such a thing. Hope all is better tomorrow

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
He probably ate it because all the natural ingredients made it smell like food! lol. I was checking in to see how he is today.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes please let us know!! Hopefully this does not trigger seizures :(

Most Reactions