Should I neuter my bully?

baileybosefee

Oct 1, 2010
I am feeling very conflicted over whether or not to neuter my bulldog, Bailey. He pees and poops in the house all of the time, and will not stop mounting my roommates dog...or the cat...or people. I had initially hoped that I would breed him one day, but after two years of motherhood have not made any steps towards actually doing that. I would really like the territory marking, mounting, and general bad behavior to stop...is neutering too drastic of a step? Any advice is VERY welcome!
Thanks,
Ashley

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well he doesnt need his bits if he aint going to use them,he will get urges to mate hence most of the behaviour,he will be very frustrated ,go ahead and get him done hopefully a lot of his issues will settle but some may now be habit which you will have to break through training,karen

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes I agree, neuter, it's healthier for him.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
If you are not going to show him in the ring... I vote NEUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I say neuter too. He's old enough plus should help with the behaviour issues you're having.

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Neuter but I'm not sure how much that will help with housebreaking. It will help with marking but sounds like he still needs to be potty trained.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to agree with [MENTION=2121]melanieian[/MENTION] I think neutering will help but peeing and pooing around the house sounds more like a potty issue than strictly marking. But I am pro-neutering. I've had three males, all neutered, no problems with those kinds of behaviors.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Brutus was doing the same thing! At just over a year we got him neutered and the peeing in the house/ marking stopped, the excessive humping stopped...he has only done it a couple times since and that was more a dominance thing. Before he would seek out my finace's work clothes (I guess because of the smell) and pee on them. He mananged to pee in 2 pairs of work shoes in 2 days lol. It's kinda amazing how quickly it stopped. He has 1 accident in the house since then, but it was storming out and he was terrified lol. I highly suggest you do it....it def helps!

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson is pretty good about potty training. He's getting neutered...he's a very horny dog and I never plan to breed so..

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

A

Alex David

When you could not train your Dog in beginning then do not take risk and get the services of a trainer .He may better over come on behavior problem,strangeness and knows well that how to train.Now you have fixed his habit so get a trainer immediately.
electric dog fence

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online