time set for amputation

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
Yes, i could get a good quality puppy for the price i'm paying for an amputation on a poor quality english. .....sigh......

her cavity is quite deep and never really gets disinfected. It's either the amputation or she gets passed around again.

Two weeks from today is the date. i'll let ya'll know how it goes.:bully:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh yes please keep us posted, and no amount of money will replace the love you will get!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My daughter has a cat that she adopted from a local shelter. He has cat herpes and he goes thru a roller coaster of ailments and we've had every test and treatment. I'm guilty of thinking she could've bought a purebred fancy cat for all the money she has invested. But I'd be missing the point wouldn't I? We wanted to give a shelter cat a chance at a happy life. That means dealing with the bad times as well as the good. I've since adopted three cats of my own. Two also had shaky starts and we were in and out of the vets but they are all here and healthy and love me to no end.
Now I have three dogs and I've had a lot of issues with my Bulldig Wilson and I even lost his sister at only 7 months to pneumonia. Even so I don' t regret it. As long as we can manage it we will try to give it our best shot. I've made personal sacrifices because I know it is the right thing to do. Everyones circumstances are different and I respect that. Trust your instincts. Best Wishes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
It will be totally worth it! I bought my beagle when I was a sophomore in college (my rebellion) and I knowingly bought her sick from the pet store b/c I felt bad for her. I spent THOUSANDS to get her better in the first 6 months I had her...she had demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange, inhalant allergies, food allergies, dislocated shoulder that never healed right from people picking her up. However, she was the most amazing dog ever and lived to be almost 11...she just passed away a little over a month ago (leukemia). Even though it is more work and a lot of money...there is something special about knowing you did this for them...and I never regretted it ever!! :)

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
I wish she will be fine. I hate seeing humans or dogs being amputated. It's also like seeing them dead. How is the dog now?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Please let us know how it goes. I understand that it is a pretty involved surgery. Just remember all the love you will get in return!

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
well, we're back from the surgery and she's doing just fine. it cost 2K - half of that was the labor. He said it was a very bad case, very recessed. He showed me what he took out. Gross - i thought it would be a bone but it was the "pocket". I didn't take it with me as it would have just rotted.

It was Dr. Vagnetti at Valley for those in Tucson. I liked him. Stitches out in two weeks - i expect no problems but will let you know how she is come July.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY!!!! I am so glad :). I was thinking of her this morning. How does she look?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..great news. It's over..what a relief. It's only money..I mean you would probably just use that 2 grand to eat or something frivolous like that!! Just like ALL of us here! She's a lucky girl to have you..keep us informed. FYI..glad you didn't bring anything home..like THAT!!

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
How does she look?

It just looks like a 6 inch frankenstein stitch across the backside. She still is leaking some bloody fluid so i haven't gotten a clean look. Once the swelling goes down it'll look different.

We renamed her "pocket". Cuter name than her old one - 'tammi'. She's very small so it fits anyway. But no more "smelly" pocket.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
It just looks like a 6 inch frankenstein stitch across the backside. She still is leaking some bloody fluid so i haven't gotten a clean look. Once the swelling goes down it'll look different.

We renamed her "pocket". Cuter name than her old one - 'tammi'. She's very small so it fits anyway. But no more "smelly" pocket.

That is awsome that she is doing better. I love the name Pocket!! You gotta show us some pictures of her when you get a chance.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Have you noticed alot of seepage from the incision? If I would have been paying attention...I would have let you know that it's common....and keep blankets and sheets on your carpet and couches for a few days. It will save you. Hope that healing goes well. The worst part is waiting for the bootie hair to grow back. That takes forever!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online