Sick little boy

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am glad that pdac1975 posted about the runny nose. I got home from work today and noticed Tubs had a runny nose that was a little yellow. He also had a lot of gunck in his eyes. This was on top of the fact that he hadn't been eating or drinking. I took him to the vet because when I called my dad to check on him he told me that he threw up. When we got there I was informed there is something going around with the doggies that is causing upset tummies. He is on antibiotics for a week and we will be taking him back next week for a follow up. The vet also made a mention that she was concerned that the tip of his penis was very red and he had a little bit of discharge from it. She asked if he was licking it and I said no....he can't reach it. She also commented that every time he sits he sticks it out. We are not sure if he is doing that because it is bothering him or it just feels good having it out! Has anyone experienced anything like that before? I never thought anything of it because he has had it out before and it has always looked red to me, so I thought it was suppose to be that way!!! :anyone:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow..poor baby tubs! I have heard of a penis "issue".. Where it gets stuck out..and is painful. I know there can be infections there too..but jakes is also red..the family name for it is "lipstick"..as jake has his lipstick out..AGAIN!!! My granddaughter is especially fond of pointing tihis out..like a 7 year old would! The runny nose and tummy thing is bad enough..let's hope he doesn't have a "LIPSTICK" problem too!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaww poor thing ... hopefully he just has the same virus that is going round all the other dogs in your area. It does sound like a little bit of an infection ... I would watch how well he does on the antibiotics. Maybe try the bland diet too if he isn't drinking or eating. I have yet to find a dog that won't gulp this down and because you're feeding him cooked rice then there is a certain amount of liquid in there. I'm actually a bad mother .. and don't cook chicken or boil hamburger meat because I just haven't got the time so the bland diet in our house is white rice and canned food. Just a thought that might help him start eating again.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you everyone for your input! He started eating last night and is drinking again, but when I got home from work today he had green gunk in his left eye. I cleaned it up and it has been fine since. He had been a little more playful. I love the "lipstick" analogy. I am going to use that one! :ROFL: Well, his "lipstick" has been put away since yesterday. A good thing and a bad thing. Good it is away, but bad that I can't see what color it is. I am happy to know that others have males with red lipsticks!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
aww good news!!! the antibiotics will help and the eye should clear up in a day or so.. BIG HUGS :smoochwink: hope each day gets better!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you everyone for your input! He started eating last night and is drinking again, but when I got home from work today he had green gunk in his left eye. I cleaned it up and it has been fine since. He had been a little more playful. I love the "lipstick" analogy. I am going to use that one! :ROFL: Well, his "lipstick" has been put away since yesterday. A good thing and a bad thing. Good it is away, but bad that I can't see what color it is. I am happy to know that others have males with red lipsticks!

Well..[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION].. I guess when you really think about it..not EVERYBULLY looks good in pink! :lmao:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
What is the runny discharges on the nose is green? Is this sign of bacterial or viral infection?

The vet felt that it could have been because there was something going around with dogs in general, but since he finished his antibiotics he still has a runny nose, but it is clear now, so we are leaning towards allergies now. Since it was green it may have been a sinus infection or some other infection. I know that is how we know if humans have an infection....the color of snot is a great indicator!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad he is feeling better. I didn't know that about the "lipstick" either. Interesting.

Most Reactions