Oh NO! now Iam paranoid....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So I found this lady who had one of Chaos sisters. I was so excited because now I had someone to compare weights and pics with. She told me that Fiona had been diagnosed with demodex. UUGGHH!!! Chaos shows no symptoms so Im prayin really hard that he doesn't get or have it. The vet is treating her with Promeris which works wonderful for it, but Im scared of it now that it is being discontinued. We were using it as flea spot on for Chaos, and maybe thats why he has had no flare ups as of now, but now what do I do???

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
doesnt mean chaos will have it,as long as immune system is healthy it usually keeps these nasty parasites at bay,try not to worry yourself daft over it or you will drive chaos daft:lol:,karen

L

Lucy-licious

I agree with [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] try not to worry too much, don't fixate. It is probably good that you know this so use it to your advantage and be extra vigilant if Chaos does develop any skin issues :)

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
I agree also. Just because one of the pups in the litter has something.....doesn't mean they all get it. Just keep and eye out and everything will be ok :)

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I know, it just seems like the last 2 dogs I have had , got demodex....its just a lengthy process that I don't wanna have to go through again!! But u r right, I will not dwell on it

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Exactly .. it's not hereditary and often it's cause by a compromised immune system. Just keep doing what you're doing ... and if Chaos is not showing any signs now then he could easily NEVER have it.

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
OMG!!!! I did not:shout: know they were discontinuing that!!!!! My dog had demodex!!! That promaris totally cleared meaty up!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.