Diarrhea

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Memphis had diarrhea yesterday morning but his next walk an hour later it was very firm n normal??? STRANGE... This morning it was runny again n now normal??? Has anyone ever heard of this? He is eating fine...

LolaBear

May 13, 2011
I wouldn't worry! He probably just ate something that upset his stomach a bit. Dogs can be a lot like humans sometimes :pray::hug:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Yes, with the sensative Bullie stomach, ANYTHING can mess it up. A bug, something on the floor that was licked, grass or ??
If you use pumpkin, do NOT use pumpkin pie filling!!! Only bulk plain canned pumpkin, not filling...not the same. and only use a small bit. It will firm up stool and aid in GI tract normalcy.
Good Day~

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I agree with everyone. If he's eating and acting normal, then he should be ok. Stig gets those spells too from time to time. We also give him pumpkin whenever it happens as well.

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Thanks everyone.. He went a whole day w firm poop n then once today it was loose again uggggg... Will definately get pumpkin...

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Yes, with the sensative Bullie stomach, ANYTHING can mess it up. A bug, something on the floor that was licked, grass or ??
If you use pumpkin, do NOT use pumpkin pie filling!!! Only bulk plain canned pumpkin, not filling...not the same. and only use a small bit. It will firm up stool and aid in GI tract normalcy.
Good Day~

Will the bulk pumpkin b in a can? Will it b w the pie filling?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
they put it in different places! i have found it with canned vegetables! Try near pie filling..just be sure you get only canned pumpkin!!!!!

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
Is it normal now? If the diarrhea stops now then there is no problem. The problem with diarrhea if it continues for days, that’s the time you need to worry.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It is funny you posted this. Yesterday, both Gator and Gypsy had runny :poo:. It was very weird. It was firm the second time and then again this morning Gator had it one time again. I pulled out the pumpkin to add it but it firmed up again on the second :poo:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Has anyone ever given them pepto? I read it in a bully magazine.

I have and it backed my Linus up for days!

I would try bland diet for a day or two and if that doesn't work, I would suggest a fecal at the vet's office. Truman went through the EXACT same thing - he would poop firm in the day, loose at night - and it turned out to be a bacterial overgrowth in his intestine and was remedied with antibiotics.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.