Looks like scabs...maybe

Hey all I have a question about Hurley. He has developed these spots on his head like little scabs. If I rub them the hair will come out with it. Has anyone seen this before? My first thought was food allergy. He is on Natures variety instinct. Which I thought was a pretty good food. I am making him an appointment for the vet today but was just curious if anyone had seen this before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have had this before. Well, not me! But yuna did :)

I spent about $250 at the vets only to get an "I don't know" after all the tests came back. Tested for mange, ringworm, ect. They went away after a couple of months on their own. The scab under was kinda white in color.

Yours could be totally different than what she had tho. Bumps and scabs could be from so many things.

Tidus had scabs on top of his head but we discovered it was from him trying to break out of his kennel by using the force of his noggin'!! Go figure.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hmm. When my Stig had hives, some would turn scabby and peel off with the hairs attached. His hives were due to allergies from his food. Now, he gets scabs from time to time from his daycare, I'm guessing, from rough-housing with his fur-mates.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Are they only on top of the head or can you find more elsewhere?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
probably so then. I would keep an eye on them, and him and his brother! ;)

Shiny Thach

Apr 30, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Rondo
What a weird coincidence?!?! I was just browsing the site to see if I could find anything about "scabs" and I came across your post. Rondo has worried me because I started to feel those bumps/scabs last Friday. I am not sure what it is because he does not have direct contact with other dogs. He does however try to play with the neighbor's dogs on the other side of the fence but I don't ever see his head hitting the fence and he is too short to actually reach the other dogs. I do notice him brushing his body against the fence and he loves to roll around in the grass and against trees/leaves/plants. Random question, can bullies, or any dog for that matter, get poison ivy? I am worried there may be some on the other side of my fence. Not sure if this could be an issue as well but thought I might as well ask since Rondo is my first dog!

Anyway, I am getting off subject, same situation with the scabs as [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]... My bf picked those scabs and Rondo's fur is attached as well. Bumps are only on his head, no where else. He also tries to itch it sometimes. I want to say they are seasonal allergies because I hear it's bad this year. The other day, his right eye was a little swollen and his tears were out of control. He was also trying to itch his cheek due to the abundance of tears sitting in between his wrinkles (- this is already pretty bad but I am working on that issue as well so there is a major improvement!) I really hope these bumps go away on their own but I do not want to sit around and have things get worse?! Suggestions?

Let me know how it goes/went [MENTION=1592]azlady76[/MENTION]...

OP
A

azlady76

Whatever they were they went away and have not returned. The Vet said he may have had a few scratches and got some dirt in them and they got infected. He gave him an antibotic and shampoo and it has cleared up.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
most bullys get these as long as they are not moist or bothering your bully just leave them they will come and go ,annie has them at the moment about 5!!,shes 1 big mank at the moment lol,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.