Benadryl?

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
This season is really kicking my poor babys butt! Besides having seasonal allopicia, which has left her almost bald from her shoulders to her rump , but that does not bother her at all,whats driving her crazy is her
eyes are getting swollen red and itchy:cursing:!Vet said to give benedryl. My ? is do I give this daily and is it safe to give it all summer ? He told me 3 to 4 25mg tablets because of her weight. Any other suggestions and or thoughts would be very helpful.:blush2:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have always heard it is 1 pil (25 mg. per 25 pounds) it is fine and I am pretty sure there are many people who give it seasonally. So long as it is regular benedryl nothing with any tylenol in it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
3-4?? Or vet recomments 1 per 25lbs, Vegas is 63, so he can have 2 in the morning and 2-12 hours later. I only give them on days he is really bad with itching and runny eyes. I have been doing this for over a year. Again not every day with Vegas, just the extra bad ones, it won't hurt Mooshi.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
P.S. and another thing when he is extra bad, I bathe him and wash his eyes several times with a cool wash cloth, the bath removes the pollen and allergys that may be affecting her.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks , I will switch her down to 2- 25mg a day , she weighs 53lbs . 3-4 seemed like alot ,poor thing would be knocked out all day . Just 1 puts me out lol.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1251]Tracey[/MENTION], I would be in comma myself!! I always start with 1 and wait about an hour to see if he calms down, than rarely give a second.

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks , I will try that. She is already lazy and luvs to nap, I"ll have to go bye a wagon and drag her around on 3 pills!

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Correct dose is 2mg per pound of Bullie, they have a faster metabolism than us humans. As mentioned many time here on the forums, is it a food problem? Home it all works out for the best.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
if her allergies are that bad (my bullies have horrible allergies too) you can give her 4 a day. I would give 2 in the am and 2 in the pm. I do this with my bullies and it helps alot. Zyrtec is also great and you can give 1-2 per day but it is more expensive

OP
Tracey

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
Thanks everyone , you have been very helpful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.