Problem???? Help!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Ok another issue has popped up. Around 4pm Bear had his last booster shot and 1st Rabies. So its 4 hours later and i was holding him and he was bobbing his head up a down, i thought at first it was a jerk reaction but it was consistent. So then i lifted him up to look at him, he turned his head left and right looking at me but his head wouldn't stop. I was like UGH the vet just told me he was perfect and here he is might be having a seizure. Vet is closed so I called my breeder. She said it could be the shots but he could also have low blood sugar to give him 1tsp of Karo syrup. So I am making some simple syrup to give him. This was about a 10 minute episode. Has anyone else experienced this? and for those who have doggies that seize, what exactly do they do so I can be aware, i've only ever seen a human do it and I guess its the same but want to be sure...

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
This sounds like Idiopathic Head Tremors. View this thread, and watch the videos, there is ovideos in this topic with seizures and tremors, maybe you will be able to tell the difference? Let us know what you think it could be. The sugar should help, and I dont know if the vaccinations could cause it. I don't think they even know what causes them.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?311-Idopathic-Head-Tremors

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it does sound like head tremors. Gosh, I sure hope your baby is gonna be okay!!! :(

Ice cream or Karo Syrup I heard works to calm them down! Poor sweet Bear.... give him hugs from all of us!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
sounds like idiopathic head tremors to me, check the info about them on this site. horse has randomly had these, and they've scared me so much. thanks to all the wonderful bully moms and dads on this site, i've gotten some great information about them, and comfort in knowing they're not a big deal. hope it's not a reaction from vaccines though, vaccines scare me, whether for my 2-legged son or for horse, there's so many varying opinions on them. i'm always trying to decide whether they're necessary or not.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.