another bladder infection?

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is four months old, doing very well with the house training, maybe having 1 or 2 accidents in the house (mostly when she got too excited). Until a couple of days ago. She peed on the floor 6 times yesterday (once in her crate), and twice this morning. She did have a bladder infection at 10 weeks when we got her, and did a course of antibiotics. This is seeming very similar to that.

My question is this...do puppies sometimes regress with the house training, or does this sound like an infection?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..from very recent personal experience..Jake DID regress and pooed in house 2 days in a row..after never having done that while housebreaking. He also was 4 months old..I was told they can and often do..go through a rebellious teenage stage! Yuk..it only happened those 2 days. It sounds like your Lola might have a bladder thing going on.. She went much more than once or twice. If she can hold it during the night..then I would rule out bladder infection.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It could be either .. yes they do regress ... often and not just with the potty training!!

However, if you are also recognising the signs then do not rule out another bladder infection. Does she seem to squat and pee and very little comes out .... the urge to pee continuously is often a sign of an infection.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
It could be UTI. I would keep an eye on her. Mocha has had 3 of these already and the first time she got at around that same age :down:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My vet told me bladder infections are not easy to give rid of completely. If you do not get rid of it all the way it will come back, over and over. He had me do 3 weeks instead of two on antibiotics and also take urinary tract health supplements for a whole month 2x daily.

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
My vet told me bladder infections are not easy to give rid of completely. If you do not get rid of it all the way it will come back, over and over. He had me do 3 weeks instead of two on antibiotics and also take urinary tract health supplements for a whole month 2x daily.

Thanks for the help, everyone! Do you get the UT health supplements from the vet? I was wondering about cranberry extract...is that okay for dogs? It's worked for me (personally) in the past. I am currently waiting for her Fromm to arrive. I'm hoping it's partly a food issue, lots of other ailments seem to be solved by good food!

The past couple of weeks she's been able to hold it all night, but she peed in her crate again last night, even though we took her out a couple of times during the night. It's been a while since she did that. I'm really thinking UTI now. Luckily, she goes to the vet today.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I did get it from the vet, I wish I kept the bottle! :/

Another thing is make sure they are drinking plenty of water. Add a bit of broth to entice drinking. Bullies tend to not drink when they should.

You can also catch some urine while they go potty, look for blood or a really strong smell. If either of those def take to the vet.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Are girl bullys more prone to UTI? I saw somewhere that you should wipe your girl's hoo haa (forgive the term lol). Do any of you with girls do that?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do on mine, because they also like to put their hoo haas on the gravel when they pee. I usually give them a wipe in the morning after their long morning pee.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. Just that once after the morning Niagra Falls?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. Just that once after the morning Niagra Falls?

Yes, that is all I do. Helps with yeast too. I use the malectic octic ear and skin cleaner, a squirt of that on a baby wipe :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
apple cider vinegar is used over here by most bully owners to cut down on infection,putting a little into water bowls is a great help,though my madam wont touch her water if it has acv in it,some put it in ice cubes just a couple of drops with water,i had some but as she wouldnt drink it i used it to clean the kitchen floor ,like white vinegar its the best solution to get rid of doggy smell but acv will do the trick too,as stated because they squat so low to the ground they are more prone to infection,karen

Most Reactions