Cysts on Ike's paws.

TheDude

May 11, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
My 5 year old Eng BD has Cysts between his toes due to allergies or whatever the cause is. I try to soak his feel frequently but it is sometimes difficult.
I was wondering if anyone here knows of a good sneaker or shoe to put on his paws when I take him out to protect his feet. I asked my vet about doing this and she thought it might be a good idea.
I'm sure many of you think it's a stupid idea to "dress up" your dog. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We love our ugly little bulldogs anyway.
His paws are rather large. About 3.25" wide x 3.5 long. Not sure if that's a normal paw size for BDs or not. But I'd like something kinda cool looking, like converse high top looking sneaks or something, without spending 50 or 60 bucks.
Can anyone help me?

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
My bullie gets those sometimes, the vet said to put peroxide on it 1st ( i put it in a spray bottle) then neosporin on it. I got my dog boots at cabelas( we live near the store) prob sell them online. They are for hunting dogs though! Lol they are neoprene. I only got them because i have leather seats in my car, i always put blankets down, but he always balls them all up. So i thought the boots could save my seats possibly! But i havent tried them yet.. Maybe that will help you! :)

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
I had a bulldog that constantly got cysts between his toes, but I found a product that worked if I sprayed his toes as soon as I seen him getting one. In a day or 2 they would be all healed.
Veterinarian's Best Hot Spot Spray KVsupply.com
I hope it works for you too. I am sorry I don't know where to find shoes... but it would be cute I am sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
soaking the feet in epsom salts will take the swelling down,unfortunatly bulldogs are prone to these they are called interdigital cysts,there are believed to be many causes,a lot of heavt set dogs are prone,look under your dogs paw this is where they begin sometimes due to a in growing hair,if you see a little blackhead type spot this is where it may have started you can use a pair of tweezers if you see a hair thats in grown,as a dog sweats through the paws its thought that sweat glands are not working properly ,also interestingly ,my dog annie has developed what looks like a cyst it seemed to appear when her tail pocket became iffy ,as she has a free flowing tail it never occured to me to check it ,how dumb!!!anyway ive spoken to another bully owner whos dog also developed a cyst at the same time as tail pocket infection maybe a coincidence ??im also using dermacton on her paw between her pads and on the cyst ,its not too big at the moment ,it will eventually burst if indeed it is a cyst ,they are just so ugly looking,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think they are pretty painful too. Gator had two on the same paw. I used peroxide on them and it seemed to help but they went away completely after I changed food.

Most Reactions