Chester has HIVES!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
my poor baby boy has hives! :eek: I've attached a photo.. they seem to be on his belly by his hind legs and on his legs. I don't know if he got into something (I have a lot of perennials in my backyard)..or we switched his food to Blue Buffalo. We will call the vet tomorrow, but is there anything you've done for it? How much benadryl do you give a puppy? He's about 35 lbs.

13464_1488645344685_1490491833_1253172_4820442_n.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG!! This is sad news. Did you also try anything else yet? Angel eyes or anything?

I am not sure how much you would give to a puppy. Probably just half a tablet....

Is their a difference in the ingredients or main source of protein?

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Yes...we bought the angel eyes.. but it was making his stools very, very soft (we think)..so we stopped about a week ago. These just popped up yesterday..he had a couple bumps on his legs starting Friday - we thought they were mosquito bites or something..but now this belly.. I feel SO bad! :( All I can think of his food..or the fact that he was in my perennial garden and dug a few out this week (which I a whole different issue - bad bully!).

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They look big, like large pimples or bites?! I have never seen anything like that before!! Does angel eyes have any listed side effects? Did you switch his food slowly? The food change could have also caused the mushies, it happens a lot with food change.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am wondering if a food allergic reaction would not start on the face/chin area?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What about a water rash or heat rash? I know when Vegas gets into his pool (yes, it's raining out again today. All the water in his pool is rain water and he still jumps into every chance her gets) he sometimes doesn't get completely dried off, so he gets a rash on his chest and belly. It's more even and not as pronounced........ Sometimes laying in the grass will give him hives.

emangan

May 21, 2010
Hi, it looks like allergies to something is he itching or scratching? I know my girl had resp issues and we gave one benadryl took her to er and they treated her and we f/u with one more benadryl when got back home and she weighs mid 50's. It could also be the soil not the plants. I hope he feels better soon.

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Well..I gave him a bath with baby shampoo..and benadryl. He's leaving them alone, and they don't look nearly as red tonight as they looked this morning.. so hopefully the benadryl is helping and I need to keep him out of my gardens. I'm having a feeling he got into something in the backyard that he has an allergy to.. perhaps one of my bulbs he keeps digging out :rolleyes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
so glad he feels a bit better!!!

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
Hi , Our Dozer was allergic to grass, and that is almost identical to what his looked like, you want to treat them quickly because they always itched him, and caused him misery. he would get a quick soak.. a dash of gold bond if it was bad, of course his benadryl.. but like in our note he was on a allergy shot.. because he always wanted to be outside with us, - then he didnt have those reactions, but yes the bathing and benadryl did wonders for him.. Keep us posted, Best of luck to you ...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.