Neo-predef topical powder for skin folds

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Has anyone ever used neo-predef topical powder for in between skin folds? If so, what were your experiences?

Today at Samson's annual exam my vet suggested I try it. I have never actually seen this vet before (I go to a large animal hospital so there are alot of doctors there) and never heard of this product. Sam's face wrinkles got real irritated because his eyes watered ALOT a month or so ago when we tried the NVI duck/turkey formula and the high pollen count we've been having here lately has been wrecking havoc on his allergies which again causes his eyes to water so they have never been able to heal completely. Same with the area between the pads in his paws from licking, again result of bad reaction to that NVI formula and seasonal allergies. She said he didn't look really bad so she didn't push it on me but suggested I try it because she felt it worked VERY well. She said to use it between his paw pads, in his face wrinkles and I could use it in his tail pocket, between any irritated skin fold actually. So I got it, stuff it NOT cheap but if it helps then it is definitely worth it. I will share my experiences once I have been using it for a while but interested in anyone elses experiences.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Please let us know how you like it. Layla's wrinkles are irritated due to watery eyes right now and the more I try to clean and dry them the more it irritates her skin. I hope it works!

I will. One thing I will say, I just googled it and one result was on dr. fosters and smith. They offer it for half what my vet charged me! I will be getting it from there if I like it enough to buy another bottle!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes please let us know. I have been doing a lot of bully face cleaning lately and it too seems like the more I do the worse it gets! But I am sure it must be just coincidence, because it is high high pollen count here right now.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
A prescription is needed from what I saw on Dr. Fosters and Smith.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
definately let me know what you think of it. Our pollen count has been and is very high, Vegas has had extra runny eyes for about a month. My vet still only recommends 100% corn startch. (the kind you cook with)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I got some of this last night and have to say in 2 applications I already see a difference between the toes and the face folds! Not cheap and small amount for what you pay for, but it seems to be working!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I got some from my vet when Oliver's allergies flared up extremely bad last summer and in just a couple of days I noticed a huge difference. This is what he looked like during his flare up, poor baby 088.jpg091.jpg

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Yes, I'm on my 4th bottle of neo-Predef, it works super great, and it should, for $20.00 what size container? An ounce maybe, I use it sparingly! :)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When I saw the size I wanted to ask for 2! How often do you buy it [MENTION=4263]rainyruth[/MENTION] ? It needs a script so I don't want to have to bring him in when I run out which will probably be soon! He has a lot of folds, lol.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
When I saw the size I wanted to ask for 2! How often do you buy it [MENTION=4263]rainyruth[/MENTION] ? It needs a script so I don't want to have to bring him in when I run out which will probably be soon! He has a lot of folds, lol.

Prolly about one a year, this last one I bought cuz Nigel had eczema, but someone here told me I could use OTC human eczema cream, so I'll just use the Neo-Predef when ever he has a crease that's starting to look bad or in his nose rope sometimes. :)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah

If you've already got some Neo-Predef from your vet before, I would just ask for a refill instead of making an appt. and taking him in, my vet does that for me anyway. It's worth a shot to save on a vet bill! ;)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been using this stuff for years now. I swear the last few bottles of it have a weird, almost cheese like smell that comes and goes when I use it sometimes? Has anyone noticed this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've been using this stuff for years now. I swear the last few bottles of it have a weird, almost cheese like smell that comes and goes when I use it sometimes? Has anyone noticed this?

I have it, no haven't noticed it.... Maybe a bad batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online