Skin irritation?

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Hello all, this being my first dog since I was a kid, I tend to panic about everything. Last night while petting Wally, I found three tiny little bumps on his head all in the same vicinity near his ear. When I investigated them further, they came off leaving behind a red spot and taking the hair off with them. It almost felt like a scab coming off. The spots are very small but I was wondering what they could be. He was playing with my neice and nephew the other day and I caught my 2yo nephew dripping mud on his head. Could this have just been a couple of dried up clumps of mud coming off? The whole area around the bumps seems a bit red. Thanks for any thoughts!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
We had this with Moe... the vet did a few Mange scraps that came back neg, but she said that this is common for dogs using the topical flea prevention stuff like Revolution, and that their skin will get use to it. It all eventually cleared up.

OP
pdac1975

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Thank you very much for the response. We actually just applied some flea stuff for the first time so that makes sense. Glad I asked!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online