Nose rope issues, failing as a bulldog mama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
The inside of Dozer's nose rope is red and starting to lose hair. It started last week with just a small spot now it has spread. It seems like anything I do makes it worse, extra washing and drying ,baby powder, I have even tried desitin. Anyone have a solution for this?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use a shampoo from our vet it is an anti-fungal-yeast shampoo, I dilute it, wash his nose wrinkle and all his face and dry it real good. I have used desitin too. If this continues I would have Dozer checked out, It could be something that needs an antibiotic.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
More than likely it is Yeast but Im not sure how to treat it... someone will tell you soon. :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
try some diluted hibiscrub its whats used for pre op,its antibacterial,and pop a bit of nappy rash cream on it ,i never touch annies nose roll unless its mucky i think sometimes we over clean our bullys and wash away natural oils,ibut if it gets worse then a trip to the vets,karen

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Tell you what works wonders for Norman. It's not really expensive but I get it from the vets. We only have to wash his face once or twice a week. It's called Dermachlor K Wipes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Panalog from your vet, it's a miracle for nose ropes!

And you did not fail as a bulldog mama, Molly gets this every so often and Yuna has it right now, it is very common to get ye

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Whoops I hit send.

Yeast and bacteria in the nose rope!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator had the same problem. I got some Chlorhexidine wipes from the vet called Douxo. You can order them on Amazon and I think they are about $10 for a pack of 30 which is a months worth for us. I wipe with the Douxo wipe, dry VERY well (I mean bone dry) and then put desitin to keep it dry. It cleared up in just a few days. If it looks raw, then a trip to the vet might be necessary. I was cleaning his daily until it cleared and now I just keep an eye on it and clean it every other day or so. If you do the desitin, just a thin layer is fine. No need to gunk it up in there.

You will get it cleared up in no time! You are not, by any stretch, a bad bully mama! This just happens sometimes :)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], where can I get some of that without a prescription? Can I order online? i have heard your mention this a couple of times and would very much like to have some.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You have to have a script, but if you call your vet and tell them you would like to have it on hand for the nose rope wrinkle, they should give it to you. Really depends on your relationship with your vet tho.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.