Bully Teeth Size

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
I have noticed that all of Codas bottom front teeth are small compared to some of the bullys ive seen on here and in person. Is there something that I should be worried about due to their size...theyre pretty small and i will post some pics later today...so far shes had no problem eating but vet did say shed be ok with that...any of you have the same issue???

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
As i was once told, all bulldogs comes in different shapes and sizes. They are all unique in ther own way. If the vet said she was ok, then she should be. Also it doesn't seem to bother her eating? Looking forward to seeing pics of what you mean by small teeth.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Besides the fangs on the bottom, Brutus does have very small bottom teeth. They almost just look like little white numbs lol. He is 13 months old and is a vacuum cleaner when it comes to his food...I'm sure there is nothing to worry about they will always find ways to eat lol.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Would have to see a pic but Cutty's teeth also are pretty small aside from his big fangs. In fact Mugsy has larger teeth than Cutty and his mouth is MUCH smaller. lol

OP
kiss1069

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
Ok sorry about the long wait but work and extra shtuff gets in the way and so heres a pic of Codas lower teeth...as you can see they barely protrude out of that lower gum yet her upper teeth are just fine...i just see alot of pics on here and other sites where bullys teeth are big and hadnt really seen any with such small teeth. Thanks for the replies
DSC05762.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Those are small, however I have seen that before in another bully. Bella's look just as small as her baby teeth.

IMG_3034-2.jpg

OP
kiss1069

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
well i know for sure that her appetite isnt affected and she sure doesnt slow down much when its feeding time i just didnt know if the teeth being so small would create a gum problem from the food being crunched by the front teeth. So far the only time shes had a problem with her mouth is when shes attacking the wheels on my sons Tonka truck.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
As most bullies don't seem to actually "chew" their food anyway, I wouldn't be worried lol. Dozers teeth are pretty small too.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has nubs like that too. We wondered about it, and her vet even said he thought they had been ground down by her licking obsession, in her former life if she was left alone a lot. (We will never really know) She still nightly goes through a period where she will start licking the air, and we have resorted to giving her a Tums after meals and then try to distract her to get her to stop.
But anyway she has nubs for bottom and top teeth in front pretty much except for the fangs Then further back her teeth are there, but don't seem overly large either.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie has tiny front teeth like that too .... it's not something I've ever really thought about because it just seemed like a natural bully smile!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Seeing this thread really has me thinking it's just a normal thing for some of them to have nubs. I'm glad you started it [MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION]. Another example of how this site can help us all learn something more about our babies.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas's teeth on the bottom are a little larger than Coda's and he has large fangs, what baffles me is on the top he has teeth everywhere, like two rows just here and there, some right behind each other. It does not affect his eating since I don't think he chews, he inhales.

OP
kiss1069

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] yes i dont think Coda chews her food either more like a hoover and sukks it all up and its gone...surprises me on days when she actually takes more than 5 minutes to eat it all up which are few and far between. So far havnt noticed any issues from her toothers being so small and hopefully wont see any...maybe some day shell get a new set or implants hehehe

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.