Peeing in Crate

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Hello all,
Our 5 month old Wally has been potty trained for a while now and hasn't had an accident in his crate in quite some time. Well today when we checked on him at lunch he had peed and then when we came back later in the afternoon he had done it again. Is this anything to be concerned about? I couldn't care less about the pee but I want to make sure there is no underlying issue. There were workers mowing the lawns in our neighbor under his window. I wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Also, he recently developed a prolapsed urethra. I doubt the two are related though.
Thanks for any help!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi [MENTION=2087]pdac1975[/MENTION].. Maybe he has an infection. Since he has been doing so well that's what I would think. You don't want it to go on very long..can become a habit. If he goes through the night with no pee..then points more to behavioral. Poor Wally..I hope he feels ok!

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Could be that he was just frightened by the lawnmower (my dog is and the vacuum cleaner.:lol:)
You need to get rid of the scent, in the crate, washing alone will not do this, you need to neutralise the urine. In England we use a product called Trigene, don't know if it's available over there, but I sure there will be an equivalent.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Was his bedding fresh and clean?? Just askin cos Lucy did that sometimes always on fresh bedding. Now she has a fleece blanket and a cushion that get washed at different times so HER smell is always in her crate. If he doesn't do it during the night too it's unlikely an infection. Hope he's better next time your out.

OP
pdac1975

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Thanks all. He still has not gone during the night (8+ hours) so I'm relieved to hear people say it's probably not an infection. He's already on antibiotics as a preventative measure for this urethra issue. I think it was probably the lawn mowers. If they were keeping him from sleeping I think that would do it. When he's sleeping he doesn't ever get the urge. Thanks again. We'll keep an eye on him!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online