Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
PLEASE TELL MY STORY: Love, Dozer

Our family has suffered a terrible tragedy. We lost the heart of our family, Dozer. We took him to the Vet for his seasonal allergy shot on Monday We were told his health was great, slight arthritis, but that his heart was so strong we would surely have him for years to come. !!
They put him on PREVICOX a drug for pain, for his arthritis ~ within 3 days he was gone, just a few hours after the 1st symptom !!! This drug is from the makers of VIOX which killed thousands ~ It has been RE marketed and put out for Pets under the name now PREVICOX. Your vet will tell you its a miracle drug that works wonders and for some it does, however its a death sentence to others, within possibly the 1st pill it will eat a hole in there stomach or first intestinal loop.. where bacteria will start to spill out filling there bellies, and going into there blood stream and soaking into there tissues. they will be awful thirsty or not at all, they will start to vomit uncontrolably this bacteria water !! then it gets into there blood stream where it soaks into there tissues and causes swelling, his brain swelled and started to bleed, thus a stroke !!! all the while there breathing is labored due to swollen esophagous and lungs. It will kill in hours ! no reversal possible !! Others have tried surgery but couldnt win the fight.! PLEASE spread the word for Dozer !!!!! we are doing the best we can -- please help us spread the word for the lives of Pets around the world and for families not to go thru this tragic time. There is another link at the bottom of more info to contact the FDA of other documented cases. Do your research and weigh ALL your options before making the decision to use this drug !! To know you fed your dog the very thing that took there life, is the worst to deal with !!!!
RIP our Sweet Baby Dozer~! 2/01- 6/10
Thank you all for your love and prayers it means the world !

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh how horrible is this?!?!?!!?!?!?!? Thank you for sharing I will pass this along to every dog owner I know. :(

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
This is absolutely heartbreaking... made me tear up! I can't even imagine this happening to Chester :(

OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
These are comments from our facebook fans, I thought I would share them as well.

Jenn Hall Awful! So sorry for your loss! Thanks for the info. RIP Dozer. What a sweet face. :-(

Yesterday at 2:11pm

Louie Fareri Our condolences to you and your family, R.I.P. BIG GUY. We will all miss you.

Yesterday at 2:34pm ·

Julie McCann I am so sorry for your loss.

Yesterday at 3:03pm

Lisa Kruse Ladowski SO sad :-(

Yesterday at 3:18pm

Marty Ferry Our hearts ache for you and your family.

Yesterday at 4:10pm ·

Steve Park So very sorry for your loss.

Yesterday at 4:13pm

Kevin Bunn Such a shocking loss.....so sad for you and your family!

Yesterday at 4:15pm

Suzanne Christine Kirkman Sorry for you loss.

Yesterday at 7:32pm ·

Carrie Magnuson Thank each and everyone of you. We can only hope that by getting the word out - we can save even just one precious baby and a family from going thru this. it wont be in vain. Please help us spread awareness by clicking and sharing this story or spreading the word. Words cant express our sincere Thank you ~!

6 hours ago ·

southernmel

Jun 19, 2010
Each time I read this story about Dozer I get teary eyed. It is tragic that Carrie and Ben lost the 'heart of their family' in such a terrible way. Please pass this story on to everybody you know, even the ones that do not have a pet.

I am so sorry for the passing of Dozer! It was not your fault, it was the VETs that gave him the medication; you trusted him to treat your dog right and instead, in my eyes, he murdered him.

I will continue Dozer's Fight any way I can.

God Bless you two.

Melody and her bullies - Tank, Pookie, Sandy, Belle, Boss, and Penny.

southernmel

Jun 19, 2010
Each time I read this story about Dozer I get teary eyed. It is tragic that Carrie and Ben lost the 'heart of their family' in such a terrible way. Please pass this story on to everybody you know, even the ones that do not have a pet.

I am so sorry for the passing of Dozer! It was not your fault, it was the VETs that gave him the medication; you trusted him to treat your dog right and instead, in my eyes, he murdered him.

I will continue Dozer's Fight any way I can.

God Bless you two.

Melody and her bullies - Tank, Pookie, Sandy, Belle, Boss, and Penny.

reginaagnew

Jun 28, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
mimzy and gwendolyn
so sorry i will spread your story that is so terrible. it makes me so sad and mad that a vet would even prescribe it knowing the effects it can have on some animals. bullies are so sensitive to things and some vets just don't know enough about the breed.

W

WrinkledJowels

Oh my god I am so sorry! I can't imagine what you'd even do in this type of situation, I don't even know what to say. Hang in there, things will get better--and bringing awareness will spare the lives of who knows how many other bulls.

Miche1020

Apr 11, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Lily
Poor Dozer! I am very sorry for your loss and will keep this drug name in my mind every time I go to the vets. I pray other pets do not fall victim to the same drug!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.