What are your strategies for keeping your bully cool in the summer?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That's just flat out scary. There's no escaping a Mountain Lion, their silent stalkers. I believe it was in CA a few years back that a lady was pulled off her mountain bike while riding with a friend when the cat grabbed her. The friend and the mountain lion had a tug-a-war with the lady, luckily her friend won but it ripped half her face off, she survived. However, this cat did the same thing to another mountain biker in that same area about a week or so prio, they found his body. SCARY they are.

Wow! That IS scary! We have issues with wolves here and I hear all the time about dogs getting taken by the wolves and killed.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]..I just ordered a cooling vest for Jake. Said it stays cool for 6 hours. Made from same material that soldiers in Iraq use. For a large price was $19.95. Came in 3 fabrics. Made by or called cooler paws! Don't think I can give name of website. I have ordered dog stuff from them in the past. Pm me and I will share info. Also had cooling bandanas on special.
Will you let me know how you like it and how it works for you, well not you literally, ha! You can name the website, you just can't make it a hyperlink :).

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know while it's really sad when a pet gets taken, one really can't blame the wolves or mountain lions. There's wolves in KY? Hmmm. Here's the article that I was referring to in the other post about the mountain biker.

CNN.com - Mountain lion victim upgraded to fair condition - Jan. 10, 2004

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION][email protected] have mountain lions in our neighborhood..in past few weeks 4 dogs have been killed. I had an encounter with 1 few years ago at 4 in the morning..rescuing my cat. My hubby rides mountain bikes on trails next to our neighborhood..scares the crap out of me! He has come face to face with bears but they are not scary to us..mountain lions terrify me! The guy across the road from us..lost all his goats from a mountain lion. He had special pens that were electrified to keep them safe. The dang mountain lions scared the goats so bad they broke out of their safe area..right into the jaws of the lion...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online