Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your strategies for keeping your bully cool in the summer?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What are your strategies for keeping your bully cool in the summer?

@GatorRay..I just ordered a cooling vest for Jake. Said it stays cool for 6 hours. Made from same material that soldiers in Iraq use. For a large price was $19.95. Came in 3 fabrics. Made by or called cooler paws! Don't think I can give name of website. I have ordered dog stuff from them in the past. Pm me and I will share info. Also had cooling bandanas on special.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

So far here in the Tx Panhandle it hasnt gotten hot but have seen a couple of semi warm days but during the summer we do make sure to keep all the outside water fresh and depending how hot we dump ice in the water as well as on the floor for play. We do have a doggy door so they have the freedom to come and go as they please and so far have been pretty good about staying in when it gets hot but we do periodical checks to make sure theyre not outside when its too hot.

"So Let It Be Written"

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Maggie is an awful sunbather ... she would liteally cook herself I'm sure!!!! So we have to drag that little fat bully-@ss back inside most of the time!! However, it's not only the heat here ... in NE Ohio we are so close to Lake Eerie that we get very bad humidity. So I really hate for them to be out at all......!!!

I keep mentioning to the hubby about getting a baby pool for them to play in and he keeps complaining about the cost of the water to fill it .... Maybe this year I just won't ask ........

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel Tank
    Likes (Received)

Diesel and I live in Florida. I keep the AC on all the time, but that is for both of us! He has a neck coolie thing, ice is his favorite and only treat, I have frozen toys, ice in his water bowl is another one he loves...though it makes a mess, he has his pool, and I closely monitor how much time he spends outside. He does sunbathe but only in the mornings when it isn't that bad out yet...our walks are when the sun is going down!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

wow its already been in the 100's here in tx, but last week we had some 40 degree weather as well :/ really??? we take lex out to the lake and let him swim, he stays cool and he can get his excerise as well!! we had a kool collar but bo got ahold of it and tore it apart lol, i didnt like it cause it seemed so heavy and was pulling his neck down. I thought about trying the vest but its just so dang hot in tx its safer to keep him inside. also we have a big ol lasko fan from sam's that we turn on for lex and hell just sit there and fall asleep in front of it.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Hi @Rosiesmom..no problem with questions at all. Yes. Real mountain lions. I have seen one at 4 in the morning when I was tossing and turning because I had been unable to get my cat in that night. I heard him screaming and I tore outside in our back yard..I grabbed him as he ran along a block wall between us and the neighbors. I totally thought it was a fox chasing him..that had happened before, and out of the corner of my eye I saw something jump over that wall into our front yard. I told myself...myself that is NO fox. I ran into the house carrying my poor cat and ran to look out the front. There was a HUGE mountain lion, just sauntering across my lawn. I about crapped my pants and couldn't sleep the rest of the night. I thought about how he could've had me and my cat for a snack. The next morning I showed my husband his tracks in the dirt and he was verrrry angry with me. And that cat didn't care to go outside for weeks. We have bears every day and they don't scare me at all..those mountain lions do! Yes..they come into peoples yards and get their pets when they are let out to go potty late at night or early am. We have to be very careful. They are not protected but no shooting them in city limits. Fish and game do a great job of tracking and moving if they can.
    That's just flat out scary. There's no escaping a Mountain Lion, their silent stalkers. I believe it was in CA a few years back that a lady was pulled off her mountain bike while riding with a friend when the cat grabbed her. The friend and the mountain lion had a tug-a-war with the lady, luckily her friend won but it ripped half her face off, she survived. However, this cat did the same thing to another mountain biker in that same area about a week or so prio, they found his body. SCARY they are.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    That's just flat out scary. There's no escaping a Mountain Lion, their silent stalkers. I believe it was in CA a few years back that a lady was pulled off her mountain bike while riding with a friend when the cat grabbed her. The friend and the mountain lion had a tug-a-war with the lady, luckily her friend won but it ripped half her face off, she survived. However, this cat did the same thing to another mountain biker in that same area about a week or so prio, they found his body. SCARY they are.
    Wow! That IS scary! We have issues with wolves here and I hear all the time about dogs getting taken by the wolves and killed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chula
    Likes (Received)

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @GatorRay..I just ordered a cooling vest for Jake. Said it stays cool for 6 hours. Made from same material that soldiers in Iraq use. For a large price was $19.95. Came in 3 fabrics. Made by or called cooler paws! Don't think I can give name of website. I have ordered dog stuff from them in the past. Pm me and I will share info. Also had cooling bandanas on special.
    Will you let me know how you like it and how it works for you, well not you literally, ha! You can name the website, you just can't make it a hyperlink .

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I really like Ruff Wear's life jackets for my other dogs. I'll have to check that out.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Wow! That IS scary! We have issues with wolves here and I hear all the time about dogs getting taken by the wolves and killed.
    You know while it's really sad when a pet gets taken, one really can't blame the wolves or mountain lions. There's wolves in KY? Hmmm. Here's the article that I was referring to in the other post about the mountain biker.

CNN.com - Mountain lion victim upgraded to fair condition - Jan. 10, 2004

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Will you let me know how you like it and how it works for you, well not you literally, ha! You can name the website, you just can't make it a hyperlink .
    Hi@jeanneco..you bet..we are in mountains for the weekend. When I get home will give you info. Don't have vest yet..they sold out of color I wanted..should get this week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads