Got a little nervous!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Happy Easter to all!

So out of the blue it got hot today! Our little man started panting at home and was drinking a lot. We left to go visit relatives. On the way there we had the AC going full blast in the car, but he seemed to be panting more. We went to my husbands grandparent to visit and he was panting really bad. My husband's aunt had her 2 (little) dogs there and I didn't want to let him off the leash because of his surgery and because his is so much bigger then them, even though all he wanted to do was play. He was gulping down water and panting really bad all the while pulling on his leash because he wanted to play with the other dogs. I decided I needed to leave and bring him to my parent's house to calm him down. AC full blast on the way their house with panting all the way. He laid down on the lanolium (Spelling) floor and was panting really bad. I decided to put him in his kennel without a his bedding. I put some ice cubes in there for him to eat and I have a little desk fan sitting on the floor blowing into his kennel. He is finally laying down and not panting as much. :whew: That was scary. I can't believe how fast that came on! We will be ordering him his kool collar from Carolina Pet Pantry today!!!!!! We only have window units for AC which my husband will be putting in tomorrow!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Easter....I will post pix of the Easter basket Tubs got!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
You must have been worried! I have also been surprised at how quickly they get overheated! I sure hope those Kool collars work well. I would hate to have to keep him from having fun because of the heat. Even if it is just for a limited amount of time. I am going to get a pool for this summer as well. I think he will have a blast being able to be outside in the summer by being in the pool. I would love to see a Kool vest! Anyone seen anything like that?

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I haven't seen a cool vest! That is a good idea. I am a little upset because he can't get wet because of his surgery. I would love to be able to fill his pool up for him right now!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online