UGH! Update

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, back from the vet, the doggie boutique and the doggie bakery (Hey, Gator has to go say hi to his friends!) and I have a vet update on that acne.

Vet said it is definitely acne and it is certainly infected. He thought it was infected because of the rough play like I thought was possible. Anyway, he is on an oral antibiotic and then to keep doing what I am doing with cleaning his face after meals. He also said to use the Duoxo wipes that I use for his rope on the acne once a day.

So, hopefully it will be better very soon. Thank you for the suggestions everyone. It is nice to know I have a place to come to when I have questions where everyone is kind and helpful!

L

Lucy-licious

It will soon get better with antibiotics :) so what wonderful Easter treat did you buy him from the doggie bakery?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
It will soon get better with antibiotics :) so what wonderful Easter treat did you buy him from the doggie bakery?

We got them a few cheese straws with carob coating. Those are a very special, every now and again treat they really enjoy. And I bought some of the doggie biscuits they loooove. We got a mix of cheese, carob chunk, oatmeal and apples, and peanut butter. I gave them the cheese straws with carob as soon as we got home as they are an extra special treat. He gobbled it up and promptly started snoring. lol. He must be wiped out from all the attention he got every place we went. We also were going to get him a special harness but they were out of his size :(. She is ordering one for him so I can pick it up next week. It is super soft and made with breathable material. He is going to LOVE that :).

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names

You know...the harness I want to get for him looks suspiciously like Lucy's.

L

Lucy-licious

You know...the harness I want to get for him looks suspiciously like Lucy's.

Well if it's anything like hers your right he will love it, my only gripe with it is that they didn't do it in pink :lol:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
remember even fake chocolate causes ACNE!!! ;)

I did some research, and carob doesn't cause acne. If someone has other info, I would love to see it!

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
DUDETTE...I was just kidding...lol...and really what's a little acne..we are talking chocolate here! ;)

Ok, now, I was on the fence if you were kidding or not so I thought it best to act like you weren't lol. Sorry, I can be a little slow sometimes.
:eek:

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
We got them a few cheese straws with carob coating. Those are a very special, every now and again treat they really enjoy. And I bought some of the doggie biscuits they loooove. We got a mix of cheese, carob chunk, oatmeal and apples, and peanut butter. I gave them the cheese straws with carob as soon as we got home as they are an extra special treat. He gobbled it up and promptly started snoring. lol. He must be wiped out from all the attention he got every place we went. We also were going to get him a special harness but they were out of his size :(. She is ordering one for him so I can pick it up next week. It is super soft and made with breathable material. He is going to LOVE that :).

What harness are you referring to? We've had a terrible time finding a good harness. None of them seem to fit right! Thanks!

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
What harness are you referring to? We've had a terrible time finding a good harness. None of them seem to fit right! Thanks!

It is by Gooby. The clips are metal and the harness itself is made of mesh and a breathable material. It is super soft and should fit very well. Here is a picture of a bulldog wearing one on the website. It is the "big dog freedom harness":

Gooby Fashion

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It is by Gooby. The clips are metal and the harness itself is made of mesh and a breathable material. It is super soft and should fit very well. Here is a picture of a bulldog wearing one on the website. It is the "big dog freedom harness":

Gooby Fashion

Does it fit a pup well? Having a hard time getting one that works. I love this brand of harnesses..how did you measure?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Does it fit a pup well? Having a hard time getting one that works. I love this brand of harnesses..how did you measure?

I didn't measure...the dog boutique we go to has them. He is 7 months old and weighs 45lbs. I am pretty sure he tried on a small and it was a tidge too small so the medium should fit. Let me call her tomorrow I will let you know the actual size. lol. They are closed today or I would just call her :) I need to make sure when it will be in anyway. I liked that it was pretty light weight and softer. I don't like the leather ones as much. They seem a bit rough to me. It also had a handle on the top that you can grab if you needed to and parts of it were reflective.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]..great..thanks a ton. I have ordered 3 harnesses and they aren't even close. My sister is a dog trainer and loves this brand. Says it doesn't rub and is still strong. Wow..we don't have a doggie boutique! :confused:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online