Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I've spoken to many breeders in show and it is a very common practice actually. Usually it is done when the pups are younger, before they ever leave the breeders house. I would never do it, I think floppy puppy ears are cute :). I also think some breeders do not do it correctly, however, because I see many bully puppies with ears like bat wings!

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I think the guy that did it that night used too much glue, in my opinion thats why it got infected. I couldn't get her right ear cleaned and dried right.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
First of all, I gotta say that I am really mad at that breeder that glued Matildas ears. :angry: Today I had to take her to the vet. She had scratched at her right ear and made it bleed. So after waiting an hour because they were working her in and Dr. Scroggins took a look at her ear, she told me that it was infected. :*( First she tried shaving it, that didn't work. Then she came back with some adhiesive remover. That worked great!! :up: Both ears are now glue free!! Of course my baby forgave me. :heart: Dr. Scroggins gave me Tritop ointment to put on her ears 3 times a day. Screw the standards. If they don't like the way she looks, then I just wont show her. At least she enjoyed riding in mommys truck. :luv:

Photo0294 by Britajsmommy2011, on Flickr

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! The breeder offered to glue Biggie's ears when we picked him up in case we ever wanted to show him or if we were that concerned that he conformed to the breed standard precisely. Looking at his cute smooshy face, we couldn't dream of changing it! Well, his ears rose back about a week later without glue anyway... lol.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Lol!!! Biggie is a really handsome boy!!

Members online

No members online now.