Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
First of all, I gotta say that I am really mad at that breeder that glued Matildas ears. :angry: Today I had to take her to the vet. She had scratched at her right ear and made it bleed. So after waiting an hour because they were working her in and Dr. Scroggins took a look at her ear, she told me that it was infected. :*( First she tried shaving it, that didn't work. Then she came back with some adhiesive remover. That worked great!! :up: Both ears are now glue free!! Of course my baby forgave me. :heart: Dr. Scroggins gave me Tritop ointment to put on her ears 3 times a day. Screw the standards. If they don't like the way she looks, then I just wont show her. At least she enjoyed riding in mommys truck. :luv:

Photo0294 by Britajsmommy2011, on Flickr

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think she is gorgeous. Sorry that didn't work out but you fixed it right away so good for you :)

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you both. Actually the ears look great. When she lets me take a picture of her I will show you her cute little ears.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
Glad she is better now! I've never heard of bulldogs getting there ears glued until I've been with this forum. She sure looks beautiful and bigger than in your avatar picture! She looks like she is growing up fast :heart:

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep, she is my chunky monky. She will be 4 months on the 27th.

RockosDad

Mar 8, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocko
The breeder glued her ears?!?! i've never heard of that thats crazy:confused::angry:

L

Lucy-licious

You can still show her no matter what shape ears she has....no dog is going to 100% meet the show standard
It is there as a guide to so called perfection only, so that the judges can be fair when looking at all the beautiful bullies :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
That hair will grow back in no time. Glad you caught it and got it taken care before it became something serious.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Unfortunately, if you are serious about showing every point counts. If two dogs are being judged, one with perfect ears and one with not so perfect ear and the judge finds them equal in all other aspects who wins??? We find this alllll the time in showing AND judging Goldfish and Koi.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Why in the world was that done to Her??? What is the purpose of glueing a dogs ears?? It even sounds terrible. I am glad you took care of this for your baby's sake.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
aw.. poor thing. Do easrs need to be glued in order to show. Some things are just in appropriate IMO .. ie shaving whiskers :(

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One of Matildas ears wasn't rosebud. Breeders glue a puppys ear to get that shape. When she will let me take a picture of her cute wrinkle face I will show you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.