cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], how did it go with Gator's acne? Tate is suffering from acne-like bumps in the chin and neck area too...thought they were improving but yesterday i noticed they looked more red and inflammed in some spots. I was using the Maliket wipes, stopped for a day or two b/c it was clearing, then last night i restarted b/c it didn't look so good. Now someone is suggesting neosporin. I too feel like i'm trying to keep his face as dry as possible but he also likes to lay on the ground with his chin on the floor. Don't know if i should take him to the vet just yet or wait another day or two.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, we are now battling this with Gypsy though Gator's are MUCH better and pretty much gone. The vet suggested clearasil pads after every feeding because of the oils from their food and how they scrape their faces on the bottom of their bowls. I had been using Douxo pads but don't now. For Gator I have been sort of experimenting and dabbing it with peroxide every night. Seems to be working. I also changed their bedding to regular bed sheets so that they are smooth and wont irritate them if they rub their faces on it.

I guess the best you can do is to clean his bowls (stainless or ceramic only) before each feeding and I would suggest trying the clearasil pads after he eats. Plus keeping him dry after drinking. Good luck! I think this is the last health issue we have to deal with since everything else has cleared up from our food change.

Members online

No members online now.