Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UGH!

Lucy-licious

Default Re: UGH!

Aww sounds like your having quite a trial with Gators acne, I'd stop with the listerine if it seemed better without it just the once. I agree antibiotics might help my Eldest son had bad acne and antibiotics cleared the worst of it so that topical treatment worked better. Until you get to the vet I would clean with warm(boiled) water only pat dry and use a barrier cream such as Vaseline or a nappy rash cream, just to protect it until the vet looks.

Oh and the Snout Soother at Carolinas Pet Pantry yes it will help with dry noses and as @sheshistory will vouch it is also very good on your own chapped lips well worth the money.
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 04-23-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

ive always used optrex on annies face ,i also only give her fitered water as there are a lot of chemicals in tap water,have you tried just leaving it to dry out for a few days,sometimes we clean too much its just a thought,i know that sudacrem is used a lot here in england and its very good,karen

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for the replies, We have an appt in about an hour so I will let you know what they say. It doesn't look much better this morning. A little but not a lot. Once it is clear, I need to figure out a good routine even if it is just a cloth wet with plain water and drying well. I will get the snout soother for his nose for sure! Wish us luck!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@GatorRay, how did it go with Gator's acne? Tate is suffering from acne-like bumps in the chin and neck area too...thought they were improving but yesterday i noticed they looked more red and inflammed in some spots. I was using the Maliket wipes, stopped for a day or two b/c it was clearing, then last night i restarted b/c it didn't look so good. Now someone is suggesting neosporin. I too feel like i'm trying to keep his face as dry as possible but he also likes to lay on the ground with his chin on the floor. Don't know if i should take him to the vet just yet or wait another day or two.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well, we are now battling this with Gypsy though Gator's are MUCH better and pretty much gone. The vet suggested clearasil pads after every feeding because of the oils from their food and how they scrape their faces on the bottom of their bowls. I had been using Douxo pads but don't now. For Gator I have been sort of experimenting and dabbing it with peroxide every night. Seems to be working. I also changed their bedding to regular bed sheets so that they are smooth and wont irritate them if they rub their faces on it.

I guess the best you can do is to clean his bowls (stainless or ceramic only) before each feeding and I would suggest trying the clearasil pads after he eats. Plus keeping him dry after drinking. Good luck! I think this is the last health issue we have to deal with since everything else has cleared up from our food change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads